Tank graphics over done? yes or no?

GoldenMotor.com

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
I don't think that you have overdone them at all. I think that a little more red at the front of the flames would balance them out a bit better though.
I like the Betty Paige tribute!

FarRider

Jun 8, 2011
Brooklyn N.Y.
Very tasteful, You cant beat "Preowitz" style flames. I've seem the "flaming heart" effect you mentioned on larger sportster and stretched fat bob type Harley tanks,
It might be a little busy on such a small tank.
Love the "pin up girl" on top.

Ive been thinking of narrowing a sportster thank and using WWII "flying tiger" aircraft fighter plane art work on a military styled SCSW Morini bike ive been thinking about.
The P40s the flying tigers flew were terrifying to the Japanese pilots that flew against them.

But no matter, if it moves you... do it! Thats the great thing about this hobby, when it comes to looks, there really is no "wrong" way".
Lookin good!
FR

Last edited:

Wm Holden

Jun 1, 2011
Ventura California
Very tasteful, You cant beat "Preowitz" style flames. I've seem the "flaming heart" effect you mentioned on larger sportster and stretched fat bob type Harley tanks,
It might be a little busy on such a small tank.
Love the "pin up girl" on top.

Ive been thinking of narrowing a sportster thank and using WWII "flying tiger" aircraft fighter plane art work on a military styled SCSW Morini bike ive been thinking about.
The P40s the flying tigers flew were terrifying to the Japanese pilots that flew against them.

But no matter, if it moves you... do it! Thats the great thing about this hobby, when it comes to looks, there really is no "wrong" way".
Lookin good!
FR
Thanks!
Well the wife decided she didn't like the pin up with her face on it so i started taking it off downtown...well when I got home I busted out the hair dryer to take it the rest of the way off....peeled the topp layer of body filler off of the tank....I can fix it. but crap.
I'll be putting it back on...I was just making a point...and I think she feels bad anyhow for critisizing it.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Just a first draft..these are not permanent...but i will convert these (or the final designs)
to transfers and then clearcoat...

full rez

http://trybridbicycles.com/hybridbicycles/chopper3a.jpg

closer

http://trybridbicycles.com/hybridbicycles/tank%20pinup%202011-10-21%2011.45.14.jpg
Just my 2 cents, but when I built my first bike I had as many people here in town tell me it looked silly to them as I had tell me it looked cool. Did I care either way? Not a bit. It's flattering that you respect our opinions enough to ask, but me personally - I say it's your bike, you can put whatever you want on it. X-rated stuff might rile the local boys in blue, though. But who else can really tell you how your bike should look. They don't have to sit on it, you do. Have fun! She's all yours!

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
Nice work, looks really good.

How do you make your transfers? Do you have "all the right equipment" etc, or is there something that can be picked up at Staples or whatever to try it off the ink-jet at home?