Ocean Pacific Men's 26" Cruiser Mounting

GoldenMotor.com

DT2010

Jun 26, 2010
Florida
Im currently in the process of putting a GRUBEE 2010 SkyHawk 66cc/80cc motor on my Ocean Pacific Men's 26" Cruiser I have not bought the bike yet . . . But looking around on here I've seen some forms about how the motors don't mount well and other minor and major problems

Does anyone know anything about this ???

Am I about to waste money or what ?

anything will help thanks TIM

Attachments

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
It's the easiest. You still ain't out the woods though, you have to fab up some backing plates so you don't crush the aluminum pipes.

The Sick mounts are good. They have a steel offset plate that is long enough to give you some flex to accomidate misalignment, yet are very sturdy.

They are nice and well worth the price.

DT2010

Jun 26, 2010
Florida
Then I'm gonna go with them ... Is that the only thing I need to be worried about ? or do I have more problems coming ?

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
I backed the rear U bolt with one of the steel plates in the kit and the front with a flat steel plate that I hammered into a V. I put some copper between the front of the clamp and the frame tube. I modded out one of the cast aluminum spacers and bade some more from 1/8" aluminum bar.

I'm pretty happy with the way the mounts came out, I'll post some pics.

Oh yeah, you will have some fun with this. Take your time, don't rush, make sure it works right before you ride. Hospital time is expensive.

DT2010

Jun 26, 2010
Florida
Amen to that I have no time for Hospital visits ... Please post some pics , I'd love to see yours , And I will make sure to post mine when I finish THANKS A MILLION MIKE !!