Find a Dealer & Review

GoldenMotor.com

nogig

Mar 18, 2010
south carolina
BikeBerry

Grubee Skyhawk "80cc" slanthead

Micargi Pantera GTS

Bikeberry was pretty easy to deal with. They have a decent tracking system and online chat support which is nice. Shipping was really high 73.00 but, I found a free shipping code online. they do offer a 6 month part warranty.

The Kit

Quality of this kit is overall pretty good. it has the upgraded clutch lever, tensioner, carb and throttle. It also has the nice chrome sproket. Also included extra gasket set,spark plug and plug tool.

The bike

Bike quality is average. I'd say better than a walmart bike as far as the finish. I like the springer fork put the front wheel was **** to get on(forks were crooked) the welds look solid (read about micargi weld probs) Large front down tube.

All in all I doubt I would buy from bikeberry again.

Here's why

high shipping
Slow delivery (Took Fed Ex 10 days)
Better more personal customer service elsewhere(think Dax, Spooky tooth, Sick bike parts)
same products can be found cheaper other places

Last edited:

Chama

Mar 29, 2010
Near Miami
It took a lot of reading but this is a very good section. Very valuable information. Thank you to the powers that be. Chama

Spunout

MB Builder Extraordinaire
Jul 21, 2008
coventry, RI
blog.360.yahoo.com
edited my review of gasbike.net on pg5 to read as follows "EDIT FOR GASBIKE.NET: purchased a 4stroke kit (Storm...Huasheng) in january and installed it last weekend. after about 100 miles the gearbox was fried....wouldnt propel the bike forward. spoke w/service guy David last thursday. since it was still under warranty, he said he would ship a new transmission. he said to "weld the drum to the center bolt" ???? wouldnt that delete the clutch action and make it a direct-drive? also said i needed to "pedal to get bike going and then ease into throttle. that i didnt do, with the original gearbox....didnt think i needed to. whats the purpose of having a centrifugal clutch, if a guy has to pedal first? lesson learned. i guess. ANYWAY, i have sent numerous emails/calls asking for a tracking number, or at least an idea of when the tranny will ship, with no reply. gonna try to get ahold of David tomorrow between the hrs of 11am to 1pm PST.
final judgement of gasbike.net is hereby suspended."

Spunout

MB Builder Extraordinaire
Jul 21, 2008
coventry, RI
blog.360.yahoo.com
ok, here's the Deal: if you need tech help, ask for david. anything else, ask for Lorenzo (good luck getting ahold of him).
i never got a single email or message reply.
david sent me a new transmission. on the backside where the trans hooks up with clutch, weld the drum to the bolt/bolt to nut.
riding hard for a week and all is well.
switched to a 44-tooth sprocket.
gasbike.net is recommended, but David and Lorenzo seem to be the only ones worth talking to there.

Last edited:

Catfisher

Apr 10, 2010
Heart of Illinois
I'm very disappointed that gasbike.net continues to post a sidebar ad here for a 49cc Storm 4 stroke for $199.00. If you go to their website the same engine is advertised at $299.00 on sale. On top of all that, they do not have the engines in stock and won't have for over 2 months.

When I called their toll-free number I got an oriental guy who claimed no knowledge of any ads and could have cared less that they are offering something they don't even have. Too me that is deceptive advertising and probably Bait & Switch. Certainly not reputable.

oldtimer54

May 15, 2010
On a bike
Becarful what you say about sponsers no matter HOW bad they are as your post could be deleted and the thread be locked?! So much for looking out for us members?! Well I guess its best to know! I wonder how long this thread will last? Hope they dont lock out the truth in this one?!

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
I believe that they have adopted policy deciding to delete all negative and arguing posts even ones between the mod and members. I believe this is a good and bad but from what I have seen it is usually a good thing. If they did not delete the bickering then that is all you would see is us members arguing. And who wants to log in to see every one fighting about everything so in this respect it is a good thing. But when it comes to a thread like this as long as you don't go too far with your negative comments your OK. Like the post you are talking about it is still here and has been fo several days now because he said what he had to say and did not go over board. You will not all ways agree that the post should or should not have been deleted. Just think of what this site would look like if it went unchecked with all the member that login with a few drinks under there belt wanting to pick a fight what do you think this site would look like then. I have been subjected to this very thing I think they are doing a good job here and I appreciate there hard work and I would like to thank the guyz that do all the work and get nothing back except when we say thank you so from me THANK YOU MODERATORS

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
oldtimer - it's not what is said, it's how it's said.

We've no problems at all, in fact we really WANT people to report both the good and the bad about any vendor, sponsor or not - which is why this thread has been here since 2008. The catch is as Terry pointed out, not everyone knows the difference between negative feedback and flaming.

We as staff do not promote or favor businesses just because they're a sponsor, nor does sponsorship garner any additional benefits beyond having a graphic advertisement on this forum. That's all they are too - advertisements, we're not promoting them, they're promoting themselves and us through their sponsorship. Which BTW doesn't cover even a fraction of the cost of running this site so it really doesn't help much other than providing you with choices - choices you'll have to make yourself, using the feedback in this thread should you choose to read it.

edit;

Ok, I've found the thread in question: http://motorbicycling.com/f3/lack-customer-service-bikeberry-com-19421.html and it's quite clear where it went astray - while we do encourage vendor reviews and feedback, that thread was turning into a mutant customer service thread with both undue personal attacks and borderline excessive promotion of Bikeberry's services. Not to mention it was the wrong section anyway.

While we exist to provide helpful assistance with any type of motorized bicycle - we are not a supplementary customer service department for attempted warranty claims and public disputes. We encourage vendors to assist people with problems encountered with their products, but when it comes down to arguing over wait times and money you're best served by contacting the vendor directly. If that fails - post the results (or lack thereof) here in vendor review so others can learn from your problems, not just attempting to strong arm a business into preferential treatment.

It wasn't the criticism of a sponsor - it was the petty bickering back and forth, evidenced by how that thread was locked and not deleted. It's the drama we want nothing to do with - from either side.

Last edited:

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Becarful what you say about sponsers no matter HOW bad they are as your post could be deleted and the thread be locked?! So much for looking out for us members?! Well I guess its best to know! I wonder how long this thread will last? Hope they dont lock out the truth in this one?!

I locked that thread because YOU were the one being out of hand and insulting, ect. The dealer was at least willing to work with you.

If you continue being a pain in the ass, I will delete your posts for the reasons stated so eloquently by Terry Blow, and BarelyAWake.

Last edited:

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Wow BA - Awesome post. I wasn't gonna say a peep in here but, just wanted to say, maybe some folks should wear our shoes for a minute or two, just think how easy someone could just start posting made up junk about a sponsor.....

IMHO the mods do a great job. They kill spam and they kill unwarranted attacks, they do it efficiently and quickly . Not sure anyone could ask for more.

abikerider

Jul 7, 2008
Sacramento, CA
I'd like to give Terry at BlowByU Motorized Bicycles a big thumbs up. He is very quick to make things right if there are any problems. I bought the 4G transmission for 5/8" output shaft engine from him. It came without the free belt adjusting spanner wrench and he immediately had one sent off. Then while putting the transmission on I accidentally damaged the oilite bushing. He made sure I got a replacement even though it was really my fault for trying to force it on. To make up for my delay in getting everything he is sending me a free poo poo pipe! I really appreciate his fast communication and excellent customer service. He also is very helpful on the forums to people who are having problems with the Grubee stuff even when they bought from someone else. He has definitely earned my future business!

[email protected]

Sep 25, 2009
San Diego
TERRY BLOW from blowbyu review:

Terry Blow is the man! Very friendly, very knowledgeable... and I don’t think he sleeps.... EVER! If you have a question, and you email him... he’ll email you back super fast while you’re still working on the problem.... not a couple days later after you already fixed it or broke it.... Today, I emailed him a question before I went to work... he replied immediately... when I needed clarification... he called me to walk me through it... when I still needed more (I’m a needy guy... nothing wrong with that).... He made a video.... wait... NO!.... that’s not right.... He made ME a video!!!!!!....and it was ready for me well before i got home from work.... Who does that!? TERRY BLOW IS THE MAN!......

.... Here is the biggie: I have never EVER gotten anything from him (yet). He knowingly goes above and beyond to help me with problems I have with kits I bought elsewhere. I want everyone on here to be aware of this guy!!!!.... As we talk about frequently.... It’s not the engine you’re buying (because they are pretty much the same)... it’s the support.... and I guarantee you won’t get any better support than him. He tries his hardest, and hast super low prices.....

THANK YOU TERRY BLOW!

P.S. YOU’RE THE MAN!

[email protected]

Sep 25, 2009
San Diego
This is what I’m talking about guys.... I posted something without his knowledge, and he responded to it in NINE minutes!.... needless to say this is how I met him, and what makes him different... It’s also nice that he REALLY knows what he’s talking about.... It’s fun to have a hobby.... and he makes sure people are able to enjoy this one

whelan wheels

Jan 9, 2009
sudbury,ontario,canada
Well here it is my personal reveiw on terry blow's 4g belt drive kit, overall i must say it a realy excellent motor kit. Point's to ponder on,
#1(ease of installation)- very easy to install with the right tools ie. 10 m.m. wrench, + 5 m.m. allen key tool + leveler+ a little know how goes a long way.
#2.(ease of operation) very easy to operate just give gas and go
#3.(ease of mantinace) easy to maintain just have to change the oil out every 50 hours also on the +side just have to put straight 87 octain gas in ,no more mixing oil with gas.
#4.(ease of riding) bike handles well with the extra wide width peddle cranks as well as engine.
#5.(ease of smiles) ear to ear grins,just miles and miles of smiles.
Over all the performance of the motor is excellent as and i must say customer support is really good.
Like when i first opened the box to my motor there was some slight shipping damage to the box muffler pipe Terry sent me a replacment delux poo poo pipe free of charge,now that was really cool of him to do.I definitly will keep doing buisness with him , so to any one out there looking for a good four stroke engine kit Terry's the man to go to for one, you won't be disappointed,I strongly recommend him. He works hard and goes out of his way to help you if any issues arise, his responces are very prompt and immediate if i may add as well. definitly will be doing future business with you terry. Thanks Terry your the main go to guy for this kit indeed.cflgxct2

Last edited:

bajaj

Sep 2, 2010
india
i'm looking for 49cc engine for schwinn searcher bicycle.
i'm located in bangalore (india). any pointer will be appreciated.

thanks,
bajaj

MotorNut123

Aug 31, 2010
New York
i bought my first 66/80 cc motor from zone8cycing and mine is running awesome. the kit came with everything i needed. good shipping and price was reasonable. my motor has about 4 tanks through it. just got through break in period and i had no probems while running it ever. il give them 5 out of 5 stars.

bajaj

Sep 2, 2010
india
Hello Nougat,

i got in touch with Sahevaan and it was very helpful.
i wanted a engine specially made for these cycles without major changes like sahevann did.
let me know if any dealer is available to send these engines shipped to india.

thanks,
bajaj.wee.

Last edited:

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
i ordered a kit from kingsmotorbikes.com was $184 shipped $139 for a full 66/80cc kit. with the optional $15 universal mounting kit

paypal caused a problem with ordering so i had to wait 2 days to get it taken care of, but when i finally did the guy i talked to on the phone and he went out of his way to make sure my kit was shipped that day (even though it was only 8 minutes until they officially left work for the day), while figuring out what was going on with paypal, i asked what he thought of the optional upgraded carb, chatted a bit, called paypal , called back kings, and straightened everything out n he told me he'd be sending the upgraded carb FREE to make it right (and let me remind you paypal caused the problem, not them).

shipping was kinda slow, but im across the country and their was a big snow storm out on the great lakes region,so again it was not their fault, and even then, tracking number said i'd have it in a week, even with a blizzard i got it in 6 days. not bad, not bad at all.

when i finally received it, it was not the motor i had ordered, it was an upgrade from it, brand new grubee skyhawk GT5 with the cns carb. lorenzo (i beliieve that was his name) really went out of the way for me.

the gas tank looked a little scratched up but overall everything seemed to be in order.

im still waiting on my bike to be shipped and delivered, ordered a brand new worksman for my first build, (worksman supposedly makes the best bikes in terms of durability period, but before you decide on one know they take 3+ weeks on average to have shipped from your order date) so i haven't fired it up yet, but i'd give kingsmotorbikes a 5* for customer service for sure, and their pricing didn't seem bad at all imo.