Got Bung ??????

GoldenMotor.com

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Anyone out there got a crappy tank that is of no use. I need a bung for a tank fab. Or have a source that I wont have to buy a whole new tank.
Cheers
Chains

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
The cap on the stock kit tanks isn't worth the effort, I'd seek a small engine repair shop and see what dead engines they have in their scrap pile - they'll no doubt be happy to be rid of something with a tank on it, just be sure it's got a cap that ya like and it's easily replaceable should you loose it.

I cut a cap & fill neck off an old Kohler genny *shrug* If yer after chrome & style, check a junkyard for old mopeds/motorcycles etc (dented/rusted tanks are worthless w00t!) :)

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Check out the picture of this tank, I used a garden hose brass fitting and cap from the hardware store. Just drill a # 75 drill bit hole in the cap for a vent. Total cost under 10.00 bucks.

Attachments

Elmo

Sep 3, 2009
Mississippi
For the fuel line fitting you can use a 1/4" pipe coupling from the hardware store. Just cut in half and braze, solder, or weld it on.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
I think what the problem may be is pretty simple chainmaker - after packaging and S&H, what could someone ask for an old tank? They're only like $20 new *shrug* That's not even counting if yer honest w/UPS and pay up the hazmat fee (they really don't like shipping used bits like that lol).

For someone to ask even $5-10 they'd feel like they were rippin' ya off... In a way I'm kinda glad there's not been a buncha peeps willing to do just that ;)

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Good point about the hazmat ... it didnt matter me about the price really, either way new or used I am going to just cut the fitting out. I try to re-cycle a little, and figured someone could get rid of a crappy tank they didnt need. I guess Im just going to have to go with a new one.
Cheers

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
If yer jus gonna cut out the fittings to make yer own tank - why not go with some other small engine tank? That way you could make sure it's got the more common 1/4" fitting sos you can get a quality petcock at any parts store?

That's one of the reasons I went with an old Kohler tank ;)

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
As some are pipe thread (tapered) and some are not - I'd pick out the petcock ya wanna use & bring it with you to fit, both are usually available at any good hardware store, if not - check small engine repair shops :)

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Chainmaker, There Is A Large Hydraulic Place Here (rubber Specialitie`s) That Alway`s Had My Unusal Need`s. Ton`s Of Fittings, Also Metric. There should be a simuler shop in your area. Ron

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Thanks...I found some but the guy who was going to make the tank backed out..to busy at his day job. Now once again I m looking for someone to make a tank for Me.
Cheers