Une Voiturette Monoplace (1953)

GoldenMotor.com

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011
Hauraki District, New Zealand
Bonjour mes amies! Yes it's another plan article from 'Tout Le Systeme "D" '. This one is from issue No:96 December 1953.

I'm not at all sure how many forum members are following these French plans, but I do hope that those who have been doing so are getting as much pleasure as I do from them.
Yes I know the text is in French, but did you know that when you're getting older it's a really good idea to learn a new language. Apparently tests have shown that keeping your brains working in this way helps to prevent the onset of dementia and other such nasties. I learned French in High School, I was never an expert, but for many years I could successfully read most mainstream French publications. I can't speak French for toffee (caramel au beurre) mind you, but I can read it. Though to be truthful that talent has slipped a bit over the years and while my French isn't in emergency surgery, it did make it as far as Resus before it was back on its feet again.

Don't I ramble on! :D
Now unfortunately by 1953 the publishers of 'Tout Le Systeme "D" ' were tending to skimp on detail with their plans as compared with the plans from the late 1940's and this one is par for the course, but at least the main points are there for anybody who is a bit handy with tools to see what needs to be done. If anybody needs a drawing from the article enlarged just ask and I'll do a higher resolution scan.

I though this plan would appeal to the older light aircraft pilots on the forum, - you could have all manner of fun dressing a three wheeler like this one as a prop driven fighter aircraft :D

Attachments

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
That's slick. I would be tempted to add a stake bed cargo area over the rear wheel, though it would interrupt the lines of the body.