best fs bike to use please..???

GoldenMotor.com

timboellner

Apr 1, 2009
Towson Maryland
Just taking a look at the bike you linked I'm gonna kind of poop on your picnic here.

Surely it's a heck of a cool bike. The triangle the frame makes for the engine space looks small. I'm not saying that the engine won't fit, I'm just saying it looks mighty small.

I believe that the linkage for the rear suspension in really gonna be in the way for the shift kit's jack shaft bracket.

I know the GT LTS will work with the in frame china girl and shift kit, but I am not an expert on the appropriateness on fitting engines into full suspension bikes. I know fs bikes are a challenge.
I'm sure others can be of more help than I, and I hate to be a nay-sayer, but Idon't want you to drop a bunch of cash on something and have it not work out.
Have you considered a rack mounted, or friction drive set-up for that bike? That would probably work out and be a really cool ride..
Anyway good luck,
TiM

leezy_1

Oct 15, 2010
manchester
hi mate

i thought the frame looked big enough but my main concern is the linkage for the rear suspension like you said,

GT LTS would be good,but i dont think ill find one here in the uk, do you know of any places on the web to order from.....????

leezy_1

Oct 15, 2010
manchester
Just taking a look at the bike you linked I'm gonna kind of poop on your picnic here.

Surely it's a heck of a cool bike. The triangle the frame makes for the engine space looks small. I'm not saying that the engine won't fit, I'm just saying it looks mighty small.

I believe that the linkage for the rear suspension in really gonna be in the way for the shift kit's jack shaft bracket.

I know the GT LTS will work with the in frame china girl and shift kit, but I am not an expert on the appropriateness on fitting engines into full suspension bikes. I know fs bikes are a challenge.
I'm sure others can be of more help than I, and I hate to be a nay-sayer, but Idon't want you to drop a bunch of cash on something and have it not work out.
Have you considered a rack mounted, or friction drive set-up for that bike? That would probably work out and be a really cool ride..
Anyway good luck,
TiM

i have never seen ia rack mounted one,as for the friction drive i dont like how the engine sits to the side, i used to have one years ago, but find them not so good in the wet, it rains quite alot here in the uk. :/