Awesome Bike,Great Price

GoldenMotor.com

Cheech

Aug 22, 2009
Red Rock,West Virginia,USA
Replace Your Junky Cranbrooks

I went to A Bike Store and found a beauty of a platform,all Alloy components (even the peddle chain is rust resistant)...the Northwood Ridgedale a 26er from Shogun Bicycles $149 and free shipping...BAM!
Here's what our first one looks like....Cheech

Attachments

Last edited:

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
Re: Replace Your Junky Cranbrooks

I went to A Bike Store and found a beauty of a platform,all Alloy components (even the peddle chain is rust resistant)...the Northwood Ridgedale a 26er from Shogun Bicycles $149 and free shipping...BAM!
Here's what our first one looks like....Cheech
I must direct you to " Manic Mechanic's " site....and you will see upon his snapshots of the same EXACT bike he built almost two years ago....Johnny Come Lately ? I have the same EXACT bike myself.....also.....they're not built by " Shogun"....as the "Shogun" is a bike built by "Kent"...
.......they also build a "Lamborghini" which is EXACTLY the same bike just different colors and decals which sells for $200 or so more......you would do good to do more research.....this is in no way,shape or form to be considered defamatory......rather intuitive to be correctly interpretive....but your bike is a totally awesome build !.....

Salty.shft.

Last edited:

Cheech

Aug 22, 2009
Red Rock,West Virginia,USA

Salty,You are exactly correct about this bike.I had it backwards,my bust.And I do my homework,what happened was I bought the exact same bike the week before from Toys-R-Us under the name
Avigo Ridgedale 26" Men's Comfort Bicycle from "Shogun" which I failed to mention is imported by Kent who has more names for the same bikes than any other company out there,but thanks for clarifying that.The dynamic in this post was the point about the price and free shipping.I actually bought a Cadillac Fleetwood from Kent a few years ago and put a junky Ebay engine on it but,later took it off and sold the bike as is...so much for "Johnny Come Lately". Now if we get really technical Lida Bicycle Co. Ltd., of China actually manufactures the bikes for Kent International Inc.,of Parsippany, N.J. who no longer makes anything but,imports all their bikes and pastes their name on them just like Schwinn.But,thank you for the nice comment on my build...Peace...Cheech

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida

Cheech,
Awesome builds aren't they?.... and no one can beat free shipping....they even tossed in a free helmet !....the bikes look so cool....pretty soon I'll be adding a springer fork on it for an even better ride !

Thanks,
Salty.shft.

Whizzerd

Nov 20, 2009
Muncie,IN
Thanks Cheech. Great link. Wonder how the Fleetwood cruiser w/ NuVinci CVT would handle motorizing? Enjoyed the lil video on it. Not a bad deal at all if it'll work and hold up!

obd1kenobi

Dec 28, 2009
chicago
I am also building a Ridge Dale Cruiser. Got it for 149, what a deal! I made my own gas tank under the seat, replaced the rear wheel with a Weinman dh39 (Big thanks Bardco), 1/1/8 threadless adapter+ old school dk stem, Maniac Hub Adapter+ Sprocket.(Highly Polished btw). I am also waiting on a set of mounts from him. It's been about 3 months, so they should be almost ready.( I hope)

Attachments