what does he mean?

GoldenMotor.com

Juhstun

May 17, 2012
Arizona
so my bm messed up on me today and i asked for help but didnt quite understand what he meant?

gas was leaking from the carb and he told me:

Your float stuck and you flooded the engine.

Make sure to turn off the gas when you take a nap.

To fix it, turn off the gas, and pedal it around with the clutch out, and it should start. Don't use the choke, and hold the throttle wide open to expedite the process.

what does the clutch out mean? holding onto the clutch?
and by not using the choke, does that mean the small hole should be on for the choke?

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
He means pedal the bike with the clutch engaged, and don't apply the choke, which will just exacerbate the problem. He also said hold the throttle wide open to help clear out the built up gas.;)

Juhstun

May 17, 2012
Arizona
He means pedal the bike with the clutch engaged, and don't apply the choke, which will just exacerbate the problem. He also said hold the throttle wide open to help clear out the built up gas.;)
so do i leave the choke on the big hole or the very small hole?

superharry

Mar 10, 2012
Mira Loma, CA.
"to choke something, what do you do?" make the hole smaller. BIG HOLE= CHOKE OFF. LITTLE HOLE= CHOKE ON. Now go pedal with the engine engaged,like you're starting it,with the throttle opened all the way (floored). have fun & drink plenty of fluids...

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Open it....I guess that would be the big hole. You want as much air as possible to go through the engine to dry it out a bit.