what the best 2 stroke for the price?

GoldenMotor.com

buttafinguz

Mar 7, 2012
nashville
im about to order an engine and thought I better ask here first since I trying not to waste money. There are about a hundred different kits and all claiming to be the best because one thing or the other. I'm lost. They all seem to range from about $175-$220- whats the difference? I need a specific brand if possible.
thanks

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
Re: what the best 2 strock for the price?

That's a tough question to answer, all of them are a gamble. You might get one that was built on a Monday, you might get one built on a Thursday. They aren't really consistent in build quality. Best thing you can do is buy one from somebody who would be easy/painless to exercise the warranty with. You just might need it.

droc089

Jun 25, 2011
ohio

There all about the same, the only difference is the person selling it to you. I'll say DAX cause I have his F80 engine and it's awesome. Seems a little more heavy duty and ran better than my grubee. Also he seems to be a good guy on his warranty, and will work with you. I thankfully haven't had any problems with his stuff minus the RX carb having issue with air and fuel leaks, but it rules and isn't hard to fix. His kits are a little pricier but It looks like it might come with some better stuff and a warranty.

NOW, if your not one to tinker with stuff and don't wanna be working on your bike more than you ride it (atleast it'll seem like it) go with a four-stroke kit.

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama

To be honest... covered above.
Best 2 stroke? One not made in China. I bought 6 (Chinese) of them, and 5 have served me well. The 6th wasn't the manufactures fault. But I do things as it comes out of the box before installing.

robbomberbomyea

Dec 10, 2011
toledo oh

i like the pk 80 silver with the upgraded hardware from pirate cycles,and for the money you cant go wrong with thier sproket adapter, real headache saver. having said that i have had no problem with my z80 from bgf, though ive heard his customer service is lacking to say the least. also my grubee starfire, nos, hard to find, seems to be good motor. i would however recomend a vender that is a sponser of this site, like pirate cycles, for they will give better service after the sell.

zwebx

Mar 9, 2012
Australia

if they look the some, most likley that are i have learned... i got mine for $70 from a bloke who sells them for $250 (not that he would want to do that again :p)
i personally would go for a near $500 dollar one from thats dax because it puts out 9HP and 50cc

droc089

Jun 25, 2011
ohio

if they look the some, most likley that are i have learned... i got mine for $70 from a bloke who sells them for $250 (not that he would want to do that again :p)
i personally would go for a near $500 dollar one from thats dax because it puts out 9HP and 50cc
If your talking about the gp50, it isn't a kit. Just a bad ass motor.

frozenveinz

Sep 25, 2011
Washington

You need to cut out a small rectangle for the chain to fit through. It doesnt look bad if you do it good.

buttafinguz

Mar 7, 2012
nashville

yeah, I saw some didn't look bad. $345 for the combo is cheap, but is that's a decent starter engine though. It's starting to look like hit or miss on the 2 srtoke engines or am I wrong?

robbomberbomyea

Dec 10, 2011
toledo oh

its a gamble for sure. i ve never dealt with BB but they are a sponser on this site and i would think they would have good customer service. no mater who you buy from i highly recomend spending the extra money for a sprocket adapter like the manic mech or simular. i have installed the stock one and one from pirate cycles,its like nite and day. plus its alot easier to change sprocket size,also if you use coaster brake it fits without modifications to sprocket or bearing cap.

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama

yeah, I saw some didn't look bad. $345 for the combo is cheap, but is that's a decent starter engine though. It's starting to look like hit or miss on the 2 srtoke engines or am I wrong?
Depending on how much shipping is, that's a great price. Although it's out of stock. (click on "view more information). To give you a idea, last year I built this bike.

The bike when built didn't have springer fork. Was put on after this picture.
My cost after delivery was inside $300.00 (for a friend)...then add about $50.00 or less for the springer. Keep in mind that I paid $150.00 for the engine, $100.00 for a cheap WalMart bike and added hardware about $65.00.
Extra hardware.
Custom front mount $20.00..
Clutch roller $17.00
Set of cylinder studs $10.00
Mounting/intake/exhaust studs $10.00
Boost bottle $15.00
Paint $2.00
Don't add up the figures, they won't jive as I supplied most free of charge.

I have no complaints out of the (5 of 6) 2 stroke engines I've bought. Really can't go wrong with the price, If you do some pre install mods to them.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GcesQihc7-mm3hJGf7UPiqOaRXZ8ekUT99QUZq2qXXE/edit
Just my and some others opinion.

Last edited:

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas

I never heard of this site, but if you will click on the '' contact us '' link you will see that this is bikeberry.

here is the contact info. on this site:

At BikeBerryMotors.com, we strive to provide all of our valued customers with top-notch customer service. Please complete the form below and you will receive a response within 24 hours or less.

Corporate Headquarters:
Niche Webstores, Inc.
590 W Central Ave. Unit D
Brea, CA 92621

Call Us:
Telephone: (800)317-0479
Local: (626) 213-2220
Hours: Mon-Fri 8:30AM-5:30PM PST

E-mail Us:
Support - [email protected]

Peace, Map

anybody everybody ever bought from this site? Buyrepuplic.com:rolleyes:

In my effort to be the cheapest person to ever purchase a bike and motor, i have been lead here:

$279
http://buyrepublic.com/product_info/motorized-26-micargi-pantera-gts-beach-cruiser-diy.html

buttafinguz

Mar 7, 2012
nashville

was getting security alerts constantly from that buy republic site. My computer damn near begged me not to buy from there so I just went back to the bikeberry site a bought the black $349 bike/motor combo and called it a day.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas

Good deal, be sure to keep us posted on when you get the combo and how it's all working out.

Map

was getting security alerts constantly from that buy republic site. My computer damn near begged me not to buy from there so I just went back to the bikeberry site a bought the black $349 bike/motor combo and called it a day.