Bike Stand

GoldenMotor.com

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
That looks interesting. I found this little one a while ago, and it's helpful buy you're still working at floor level. It seems to have some mixed reviews from what I managed to find on it. The seller offers another version that holds the bike by any one tube at any angle for a bit more. Not sure if that would work, as it holds the bike off-center of the main support. A MAB might unbalance it. The one you linked to looks better that way, the bike sitting directly on the center of the stand.

I wonder about how stable it would be. I don't know how much my bike weighs, but it's no featherweight. If it decided to fall over on me it could get unpleasant. With my knees and back, getting it on there would probably be my biggest problem. ;)

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
That does look like agreat little stand at a good price- are those casters on the bottom?- Wish I was outta my apartment and in a place more compatible with working on and maybe selling some bikes-

Might be tough to get a motor bike up on?

when I was younger, dad bought a real shop set-up stand from a place going out of business- so I got spoiled working with that- it held two bikes on each side at once-

and I had a Schwinn Park truing jig too- all the tools were up on pegboard and I had almost all the Campy tools- I could tear my bike down and overhaul it back together in about an hour- it was al so standard.

yeah- I'd like one of those!

Sep 18, 2011
Tyler Texas
I've got a Schwinn Frontier mountain bike with a 66cc CG engine, and I put it on there today just to try it out.
The stand is pretty strong and stable. I shook the bike up on it, and banged into it a few times to see if it wanted to fall over.
It passed my little test.

It has three height settings, and three settings to hold the down tube. The things at the bottom are just feet, not casters, but I suppose that you could add casters to it. Actually you have me considering it, since it would be easier to move it around the shop.

It's actually better than I was expecting it to be for the price.