cannot seem to find a tire that
I think would stand up for very
long.
Has anyone found a decent tire
that has some meat on it?

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
worksman offers an option for tubeless tires when you order a bike from them, its essentially just a huge slab of nylon from what i understand, although i could be wrong. maybe you could contact them and ask about their airless technology solid tires, find out if my thoughts are correct, and see if they're available with out ordering them as part of the bike.

if it's a solid piece i think it would be the answer to your prayers ;)

scottmanesis

Dec 30, 2010
Austin, TX
That would be crazy. I wonder how you would get it on a rim? Then I wonder how much that thing would weigh, probably more than the whole bike!! Wow!

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
That would be crazy. I wonder how you would get it on a rim? Then I wonder how much that thing would weigh, probably more than the whole bike!! Wow!
originally car tires were made this way, idk exactly why they stopped but i'm guessing air as a cushion was a more comfortable ride while lowering cost. but i don't think it would weigh that much, certainly more then standard tires but not enough to double the weight of the bike. and as long as you're not a huge person i don't think it would rob you of a huge deal of performance.

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
I had a trike with solid tires on the rear 24" wheels and they were quite heavy and wanted to peel off easily. The newer ones are probably lighter, hollow and better quality.