Metal throttle grip mount?

GoldenMotor.com

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
i cant find the the metal ones on sbp... i dont mind the plastic ones but the inside plastic peice where the cable connects , well that has broken on me before so i need and want to get a stronger set up.. any ideas... gotta stop to napa when i get a chance. or a local shop if there was any around here.
The metal handle is on the third page of two stroke parts.

Sick Bike Parts

Here ya go. I buy a lot of parts from SBP and I'll be buying a lot more :)

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
how did you guys make the napa throttle work? i got one today switching the cable over from my CNS carb+kit throttle has been a nightmare, the L shaped piece isn't able to fit into the napa throttle so my cables binding, and on top of that i can't get the throttle to stay in place even though i have it tightened down as much as possible.

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
i ended up taking it to a scooter shop and the guy who helped me modify my cable to make it work yesterday helped me get it straightened out, ground down those edges for it to be smoother, and put a little rubber tape stuff to help the throttle stay in place.

gonna get a self tapping screw and just drill into the handlebars and that will keep the throttle in place.

and he offered me a temp. job helping around his shop and if i can be useful i'll have a more permanent one, good day :D

Jul 15, 2009
waukegan IL. U.S.A.
I keep trying to tell people about the power of napping,one of my fav things to do is ride about ten miles out to a local forest pers. Down a tallboy and nap on a picknic table. Sometimes people even feed you if they want a look at the bike...but ride,tacos ,nap sounds right enough.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
how did you guys make the napa throttle work? i got one today switching the cable over from my CNS carb+kit throttle has been a nightmare, the L shaped piece isn't able to fit into the napa throttle so my cables binding, and on top of that i can't get the throttle to stay in place even though i have it tightened down as much as possible.
You know that L-shaped piece, well it wasn't a problem for me - but only because I knew going in that I had a thread cutter and dies. I just cut new threads on the L-shaped sleave that matched the NAPA throttle mount. I just happen to have that kind of tool already,

(Now he's thinking of new names to call me.)

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
You know that L-shaped piece, well it wasn't a problem for me - but only because I knew going in that I had a thread cutter and dies. I just cut new threads on the L-shaped sleave that matched the NAPA throttle mount. I just happen to have that kind of tool already,

i had thought of that but it seemed like a lot of metal to take off, in the end i ditched that piece entirely, soldering is simpler then rethreading an 1/8inch of metal off to me.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.

I did the same thing with my metal throttle listed in this thread. I did a slight modification to the cable channel where my soldered cable end would go too and its been great.

Glade to see you got it going Mat and scored work too !!!

hotbug1776

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
In regards to modifying the "L" on the cable, what size die did you use? I'm planning on modifying my cable and am going to purchase the needed tools this week.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
In regards to modifying the "L" on the cable, what size die did you use? I'm planning on modifying my cable and am going to purchase the needed tools this week.
I'd have to go out to the shed and look. I hope it's the same one that's still mounted in the handle (should be). Dang nab it! And I knew somebody would ask.

Checking back. Went out there and, oops, nothing in there. I usually just leave the die in there after I cut threads, but for some reason, this time I took it out. I suppose I could unscrew the throttle mount and check. Or, if you don't want to wait on me doing that, just take the mount with you when you go to buy tools. Most hardware stores have little nut-and-bolt gauges on the wall near the nuts and bolts. Just screw it onto a bolt end that fits. That'll give you the sze and pitch you need.

Last edited:

hotbug1776

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
I'd have to go out to the shed and look. I hope it's the same one that's still mounted in the handle (should be). Dang nab it! And I knew somebody would ask.

Checking back. Went out there and, oops, nothing in there. I usually just leave the die in there after I cut threads, but for some reason, this time I took it out. I suppose I could unscrew the throttle mount and check. Or, if you don't want to wait on me doing that, just take the mount with you when you go to buy tools. Most hardware stores have little nut-and-bolt gauges on the wall near the nuts and bolts. Just screw it onto a bolt end that fits. That'll give you the sze and pitch you need.
9mmx1.25

cut it and installed right after work, ready to ride once I get the ignition wiring redone and the sun pokes out from behind the storm clouds.