Wrapped my exhaust.

GoldenMotor.com

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I don't expect to gain anything, but it does a good job of covering the paint that was burning off.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Wrap, wrap, wrap, they call me the wrapper! (An old song by the Steve (guitar) Miller Band)

Nice job on the wrap....you should wrap the header pipe also(^)

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Ever notice that after riding now your bike smells like a Chinese restaurant? My bike did for a few weeks after I wrapped my expansion chamber.

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska
oh yeah dude with that extra weight from extra tape your down hill performance will increase

and with that little bit of extra wind resistance it makes for stronger safer breaking power

so yeah a great performance inhancer plus chicks digg fiber glass

no really though it wont make any difference other than acting as a heat shield

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
oh yeah dude with that extra weight from extra tape your down hill performance will increase

and with that little bit of extra wind resistance it makes for stronger safer breaking power

so yeah a great performance inhancer plus chicks digg fiber glass

no really though it wont make any difference other than acting as a heat shield
You left out high performance look factor. lol

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
mine's wrapped, too. mostly out of necessity. i spun the jug around so the exhaust comes out the back and without the wrap it's great for melting drumsticks...

that first ride sure is stinky when all that crap is burning off (the fiberglass wrap, not my leg:))

Nashville Kat, just google "header wrap." it's like 15-20 bucks a roll, comes in a few colors, and is available at a good auto parts place, or online.