Upgrades?

GoldenMotor.com

weegenc

Sep 18, 2010
Charlotte nc
I'm starting to get a little more concerned about the longevity of the bike and thought i would get a couple things from amazon. You think these things will work?

Replacement Cable
Amazon.com: NGK (8048) CR2 Single Lead Motorcycle Wire: Automotive

Spark Plug
Amazon.com: 1 New NGK IRIDIUM IX Spark Plug BPR6HIX # 4085: Automotive

Flue Filter
Amazon.com: Mr. Gasket 9706 Universal Clearview Fuel Filter: Automotive

I'm just worried about everything fitting. Still kinda new at this. I have a grubee skyhawk 80cc engine kit.

Thanks in advance!

Mike

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I agree with MindReader. Can get all that at any auto or MC place and cheaper. Also many of the sponsors on either side carry upgrade parts.

A good fuel filter is a must but those items are not really going to add miles to the life of an engine. Good maintenance and not beating on a small engine are the best things you can do to give her a long life.

weegenc

Sep 18, 2010
Charlotte nc
The only thing I'm really leaning on is the spark plug. I can't find the thing at my auto zone. Where can I get a fule like and new cdi cable. Auto zone had fule filters but will that work with 2 cycle?

weegenc

Sep 18, 2010
Charlotte nc
I found a place called ride now that's in concord. Do you think Harley davidson would carry some stuff or is that just obserd to think

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Spark plug price is OK (same as sick bike parts $6.99), but we have a fuel filter and plug wire for way less, plus if you order the three together from us, they will ship together....

Sorry for the shamless plug - support a hard working sponsor of this site - vs random Amazon.

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
Spark plug price is OK (same as sick bike parts $6.99), but we have a fuel filter and plug wire for way less, plus if you order the three together from us, they will ship together....

Sorry for the shamless plug - support a hard working sponsor of this site - vs random Amazon.
Pablo, Ghost...never apologize for offering quality parts at a reasonable price!

Jim

weegenc

Sep 18, 2010
Charlotte nc
The reason I love amazon so much is free 2 day shipping with prime. Plus I get that for free because I'm a student. But Deals also make me happy.