help please lol

GoldenMotor.com

jay mena

Sep 22, 2010
orlando
well i was going to buy a mb but everyone wanted 4-5 hunders so i build one ,o boy what fun ,anyways i have one problem the spark plug cap wont fit the plug luckly i got two in the kit broke one its too small for the tip of the spark plug to pop in do they use diffrent igniti0n coils for 66cc than 49cc is there an easy fix to this like going down to the auto store and buying a new spark plug cap they just screw to the wire thanks ilooked on a couple website i cant seem to see a diffrence
:-||

kicking

Apr 11, 2010
mississippi
well i was going to buy a mb but everyone wanted 4-5 hunders so i build one ,o boy what fun ,anyways i have one problem the spark plug cap wont fit the plug luckly i got two in the kit broke one its too small for the tip of the spark plug to pop in do they use diffrent igniti0n coils for 66cc than 49cc is there an easy fix to this like going down to the auto store and buying a new spark plug cap they just screw to the wire thanks ilooked on a couple website i cant seem to see a diffrence
:-||
my kit came with an plug with -- no crown ---- check yours and remove it if it has an crown.... it can mess your cap up

jay mena

Sep 22, 2010
orlando
hey thanks but whats a crown sorry it a simple spark plug wont fit in the cap you know how they pop on the top of the spark plug it too big do

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
if the top of your plug has a 'ball', it can be removed by turning it counter-clockwise, revealing the threaded post
the stock plugwire cap pushes onto the threaded part

jay mena

Sep 22, 2010
orlando
hey thanks see my problem is my cap wont pop on the plug i work at home depot and put lawn mowers together lol so it should pop on it just sits on the top of the plug any ideas

jay mena

Sep 22, 2010
orlando
ahh i looked at the website my plug has a gold tip non threaded i see on the website it looks to have black threads like a screw i will try harded on my spare plug lol

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Spark plugs are made pretty much the same way... the threaded part that goes into the engine and the other end which is outside the engine and gets the spark plug wire attached to it. That end of the spark plug is also threaded and sometimes there is a little round nut on those threads. If you can see threads on the end there's no nut. If you can't see threads then there is a nut. Some rubber boots (the part connected to the wire which fits over the end of the spark plug) are set up for a spark plug with the round nut on it and some are smaller and are to fit on the plug with the nut removed. Our kits are set up for the smaller diameter, the threaded end with the roundish nut removed. Simple.
SB

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
If you look at the top of your spark plug and there's a little hole in the center of the tip it unscrews to reveal a threaded end, the spark plug cap slides onto that, unlike any mower you've put together at Home Depot.

Or you could just find any old sparkmplug wire from a car and use one end of it instead.

jay mena

Sep 22, 2010
orlando
Re: help please lol problem solved (for now)

Coll thanks everyone took a min and 1 broken spark plug but i go tit lol and my chain is better but im on the look out for another or better chain tensioner ....usflgusflg