2 the guy who is up his own

GoldenMotor.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

charles.paskell

Feb 25, 2010
NC
OK so u make custom parts SO WHAT Who enables you to do so????? I ll tell you who your customers
you should not be so bold as to say that they cant order parts from you as this is u r client base
I cant find u r thread I thought Id start my own on this subject

I wouldn't buy from you if you payed me, u r attitude is all wrong especially in this economy.
I dont care If you were the creator of this forum or not I dis-like you and what you stand for which is not much as I can tell

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
re: 2 the guy who is up his own

OK so u make custom parts SO WHAT Who enables you to do so????? I ll tell you who your customers
you should not be so bold as to say that they cant order parts from you as this is u r client base
I cant find u r thread I thought Id start my own on this subject

I wouldn't buy from you if you payed me, u r attitude is all wrong especially in this economy.
I dont care If you were the creator of this forum or not I dis-like you and what you stand for which is not much as I can tell
Charles,
I doubt if you and I know all that has transpired between the concerned parties. I don't and wish it were more civil and with less emotion and also more private. Another rant is not what we need here.
Also, I have only sold a few hand made gas tanks, but already have seen a great difference between one customer and another. They are not all the same. One treats me with respect and consideration and another wastes my time. Actually several have wasted my time and energy. And some I would bend over backwards for. Vendors are human, too. I'm learning who to ignore. I bet you would, too. Why should I sit for hours soldering and stitching a tank the best I know how to do for someone who treats me like dirt? Why can't I say I'm not interested in making a tank for this person?
I don't believe you really know what you're talking about, as the creator of this forum is Paul who is not a vendor of anything. A rant such as yours serves no purpose and actually harms this forum. One of the things I like best about it here is the general civility of it's tone, it's helpfulness to others and the generally positive quality of the membership. My mother taught me that if I don't have anything good to say I should be quiet. That generally works pretty well, I find. If I do have something negative which needs to be said, I try to make it civil.
SB

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine

We really do wish feedback regarding any/all vendors positive and negative alike as your unfortunate experience may help save another member from the same fate... but it doesn't help anyone at all if the vendor isn't named, and it really doesn't help if it's simply venting frustration - the most informative and useful reviews are simple statements of fact.

It's not just you man and I feel yer pain - we've just had quite a few posts lately regarding vendors that consist of nothing but angst & a couple of personal digs, which serves no purpose at all beyond stirring up drama and more hate - so we're usually forced to pull them... which honestly sucks as it makes us look like we only "allow" positive reviews - which couldn't be farther from the truth.

We really need to hear negative reviews - in some ways they're even more needful than the positive ones, to prevent some poor newb from getting burned... but unfortunately it seems people have real difficulty discerning the difference between flaming and reviewing, and again - it ain't just you man ;)

oh yea - and BTW the creators (Paul and Alex) and the staff (moderators) have nothing to do with any products or promotion at all - save our own personal opinions & reviews. Even the ads are impersonal - we're not promoting them or even recommending them just 'cause they've got an ad - they're promoting themselves and this forum through their sponsorship, no more - no less :)

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now

All I can add is the "person who is up his own a$$" wasn't even a member here early on, much less the founder of this site.... and was warned not to be a schwanz early in his posting here. He also sends me ill PM's and claims to know that I don't know anything. He still hasn't rebuilt his reputation, and in fact has done more damage to it than good with his replies. He said he would post here anymore, but still does, and finally, his detractors far outweigh his cheerleaders.

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA

We really do wish feedback regarding any/all vendors positive and negative alike as your unfortunate experience may help save another member from the same fate... but it doesn't help anyone at all if the vendor isn't named, and it really doesn't help if it's simply venting frustration - the most informative and useful reviews are simple statements of fact.

It's not just you man and I feel yer pain - we've just had quite a few posts lately regarding vendors that consist of nothing but angst & a couple of personal digs, which serves no purpose at all beyond stirring up drama and more hate - so we're usually forced to pull them... which honestly sucks as it makes us look like we only "allow" positive reviews - which couldn't be farther from the truth.

We really need to hear negative reviews - in some ways they're even more needful than the positive ones, to prevent some poor newb from getting burned... but unfortunately it seems people have real difficulty discerning the difference between flaming and reviewing, and again - it ain't just you man ;)

oh yea - and BTW the creators (Paul and Alex) and the staff (moderators) have nothing to do with any products or promotion at all - save our own personal opinions & reviews. Even the ads are impersonal - we're not promoting them or even recommending them just 'cause they've got an ad - they're promoting themselves and this forum through their sponsorship, no more - no less :)

I agree with this about the feedback both positive and negative, but I also think this should be allowed by all parties, I have been subscribed to threads regarding feedback and gotten the notification of a reply ( Mainly by one guy) to said thread only to go back and find the response deleted. Now I don't know the circumstances or the politics involved this is just what I have noticed.
Cheers

jburr36

Jul 17, 2008
Idaho

Not to mention the rest of us who know nothing about what the OP is all fired up about. I come across this and have to ask myself 'what the ****?' and decide that there is too little information to be of any help. With that said this is a wasted thread.

GoFastBicycles

Jul 29, 2008
West Point PA.

Sad aint it, Guy has such a demand for his product and just can't seem to keep it together.

Oh well looks like he's left the forum..... as a vender.

Adam

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine

Usually we would simply delete a thread/post like this, not that it'd even be cause for concern - we'd just send off a quick PM explaining why & perhaps offering advice as to how it could be done constructively... it's part of the routine & it doesn't even bother us unless the person turns around and freaks on us for doin' what we hafta do...

We let this one run it's course so people could ask questions regarding our policy, see why some responses get mysteriously deleted, and even remind folks that we encourage ALL reviews both positive and negative, so long as they follow normal forum etiquette. While it may seem rude of us to intervene and delete an inappropriate post, you can see how in actuality it often serves to protect even the person whom posted it in the first place. Our only real concern is providing a friendly, respectful place for all of us to babble about bikes.

Please remember that if ya ever wonder why we did something, didn't do something or have any questions at all - just ask. We all welcome PMs and are more than happy to chat with ya.

Jun 7, 2010
on a bike

I know of people who have been banned with out one warning for pointing out bad venders here and rudly banned with crazy insults in pms? (one mod in mind) So it all SOUNDS good but realy it dont work the way you say. (well with that one mod at least lol) and I have seen the pms with my own eyes!!?? Well with that said ALL the other mods Ive heard about and delt with here rock as they are realy a great bunch and I LOVE this site.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine

I agree with this about the feedback both positive and negative, but I also think this should be allowed by all parties, I have been subscribed to threads regarding feedback and gotten the notification of a reply ( Mainly by one guy) to said thread only to go back and find the response deleted. Now I don't know the circumstances or the politics involved this is just what I have noticed.
Cheers
It is not only allowed, but encouraged by anyone who's had an experience, good or bad with any vendor. Forum sponsors enjoy no special privileges, vendors are no different than any other member.

We don't pull posts for "political" reasons, we don't even care the circumstances - that's between the vendor and the customer, we'd have no way of knowing the facts anyway lol

What we do care about is good, solid information and feedback - not drama and angst. So if a post has been pulled, you can pretty much guess what it consisted of lol ;)

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi

I have to agree with silverbear on this one. I don't think I'd ever go into the custom parts biz simply because some people you simply can't make happy no matter what you do. Some people don't understand that most of the vendors here are doing this as a side business, they're not some big company with 100's of people on staff and darn it sometimes your real job just has to come first.

I doubt any of the vendors is getting rich off their products and we should consider ourselves lucky that we have people who are willing to take on the troubles involved in making and selling custom parts.

Another thing to remember is ordering something from a vendor, paying though paypal with your paypal account name or credit card then coming here to ask about the status of your order is like giving someone a different name every time you ask them something. When you make an order put a LOT of info in the comments box, I do and vendors always seem to know who I am when I ask questions.

It won't be long until we'll be crying because no one makes or sells parts for our hobby because they've all decided it's more trouble then it's worth and people constantly making stabs at "certain unnamed vendors" is just the way to do it. Got a problem with somebody, call 'em out but don't hide behind innuendos. Mods included.

Last edited:

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine

I know of people who have been banned with out one warning for pointing out bad venders here and rudly banned with crazy insults in pms? (one mod in mind) So it all SOUNDS good but realy it dont work the way you say. (well with that one mod at least lol) and I have seen the pms with my own eyes!!?? Well with that said ALL the other mods Ive heard about and delt with here rock as they are realy a great bunch and I LOVE this site.
I doubt greatly that anyone would have been banned out of hand for simply posting an unfavorable review no matter whom the vendor may have been - but on the other hand I've seen any number of people that earned a ban by running with a bad assumption and spewing bile with every keystroke. It happens, it's the internet lol - we do usually try to work it out even with those sorts... but it rarely goes well *shrug*

As for these accusations regarding staff - there's a couple things I'd like to point out...

First, we're human believe it or not lol - sometimes we've had a bad day and no matter how fair and unbiased we try to be, we can only take so many insults and sneaky BS before there's consequences... heck, I'll admit I'm not always the diplomat I could be...

...and that brings us to the next point - we're not all the same person, we don't even always agree lol. If for some reason you feel unduly persecuted by any staff member, consult a different one - better yet, report them. If you receive a PM from anyone that you think violates our rules, forward it to another moderator - even an administrator if you think it's that serious.

Lastly, it will work - it has to. It's the only way to have the fair, respectful site that is our responsibility to provide and is the reason we're here ;)

Mac

Dec 3, 2009
Maine

Been around the block a few times in my life, I read this thread and say to my self "what's going on here?" way out of character for this forum. I personally don't "subscribe" to the rants/personal attacks, life's too short. I don't see ANYTHING good coming out of a personal attack on someone, I do see a point after reading Barelyawake's input, but IMO, if I had an issue with a vendor, I would discuss it with them directly. Praise in public, deal with issues in private. Life goes on, lets all play nice in the sand box!

Mac

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.

There seams to me there is a new angle on B.S. concerning what easily gets out of control from people who would have nothing better than to cause mischief. The calibration of every Mod here is absolutely commendable.

I have huge respect for the time and comment-meant to this fine forum. Thanks to all the Mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.