3 Piece Wide Crank??

GoldenMotor.com

jimraysr

Apr 19, 2008
Glendale, AZ
Thanks for the measurement.

Saying you would have to cut the crank to replace it I assume is because the bearing retaining flange is on the right side and that side would not slide out because of the bearings?

Did you bend the crank while it was on the bike?

Guessing if the offset had been put in the crank of the bearing flange side it would still be removeable?

Too much space in my head to ask questions. ) Semi-retirement does have its pitfalls.

Jim

DOC BOLM

Aug 21, 2008
Mississippi
I did bend it on the bike,use 1inch square tube for bending bar.After it started to cool about 350 -400deg.i dusted it with eastwood chrome powdercoat,it seems to have worked ok,would had rather put it in my powdercoat oven for 30 min. HARLEYS DAD

jimraysr

Apr 19, 2008
Glendale, AZ
I am impressed. Nice job.

BTW, I had heard of people using a retired (as the powder coat poisons the oven) electric oven to do powder coating. Does that work?

Jim

I did bend it on the bike,use 1inch square tube for bending bar.After it started to cool about 350 -400deg.i dusted it with eastwood chrome powdercoat,it seems to have worked ok,would had rather put it in my powdercoat oven for 30 min. HARLEYS DAD

DOC BOLM

Aug 21, 2008
Mississippi
Yes it does but never use for cooking again.several years ago i took some parts from my wifes harley to have them powdercoated ,and they told me i could pick them up in 3 or 4 weeks,so i had a booth& oven put in my shop,best thing i ever did. not counting the cost of the oven and spraygun i can coat a frame for less than 10.00 bucks not the 500.00-1000.00 the shop charged. HARLEYS DAD

jimraysr

Apr 19, 2008
Glendale, AZ
Quite a savings. The only powder coat job I had done was a 6' X 8' roof rack for our old Suburban. A local shop (Flying High) that does Jeep and other mods for back country travel made the rack. Expanded wire sides and floor on a tube frame. They only charged me $200 (10 years ago.) The job really held up untill we sold it. Best finish in my opinion for most things exposed to the elements.

Thanks for the confirmation of my information. May have to look into the cost of a spray gun for it.

Jim