Greetings from Springfield IL

GoldenMotor.com
Jun 2, 2014
Springfield, IL
Hello, I've been reading this forum for awhile, guess it's time to join. I'm on my second build now. A Raleigh M40 mountain bike. That tank on the back is off an ice auger, simple and clean looking, like it better than the stock peanut tank. Have a little range anxiety, but so far I've not ran out of gas. Next build is a Genesis Onex 4 stroke, that should be fun!. Lots of motorbikers here in Springfield, maybe have a get together some weekend soon. Contact me!
Great forum, Great info, Glad to finally be a part of it!

Attachments

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Nice clean build, WMD. You have to be proud of that one.
Welcome to the forum and we're glad you've signed on. Best of luck with your next project. Thanks for sharing with us and keep us posted on the next one.

Tom

Jun 2, 2014
Springfield, IL
That's really cool. I have a M-50 that looks just like that, that I want to put a motor on in addition to the bike I am currently using. Looks good!
Go for it Ironhorse, I had my share of problems though, be prepared. Muffler wouldn't clear so there's a silver crank arm on one side (used local bike shop arm) and the stock black arm on the other side. (doubt anyone will notice without pointing it out!) The stock carb sucks so that's a $25 ebay SHA clone with a $5 ebay air filter, which I then had to re-jet. (sick bike parts has 'em, 5mm) I would advise getting the much cheaper "speed" carb because the throttle cable is all wrong with the SHA carb, required some creative modification. The stock chain tension guide also sucks, so I got the "arch" tensioner from a guy out of Milwaukee "custommotorbicycles.com", got the engine powered headlight there too. He's got lots of unique and hard to find stuff, albeit, he's a little expensive and his website is quite disorganized.
Good luck with your build,
Happy Motoring!

Attachments

Ironhorse5.1

May 11, 2014
Norman, Oklahoma
Thank you for the info! I bought my Raleigh used back in '93, it is a great bike. Still has the original tires, lol. I had moved and left it at a family members house, hence the reason I have that Ironhorse now. Anyways, I went with my current Staton friction drive set up because I needed immediate plug and play transportation. Now that I have it I find interest in getting a motor for my Raleigh. I also dig on your dual-pull brake lever. Thanks again!