20" micargi hero

GoldenMotor.com

Ron j

Apr 24, 2012
Chicago
Bought a 20" hero kit with a 66cc. Sky hawk. This engine seems to be to big to fit in frame. Pirate cycle has a hero with a pk 80. Looks smaller and the head looks more slanted, hard to tell by the photos I've seen, or am I doing something wrong. Seller has been trying to put me off about my complaint. Don't want to name them yet to give them time to correct the problem. But should a new engine and gas tank smell like gas and should the fasteners look used with tool marks???? What to do?:-||

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Sometimes they (chinese) run the engines at the "factory" but the fasteners shouldn't have tool marks on them. I have heard of folks getting used engines from sellers before...

Who'd you get it from?

Ron j

Apr 24, 2012
Chicago
Don't want to say names yet but do you know if this engine fits this frame. They tell me tech support wil e-mail me but it's only been 24hrs. I can snake the motor in without the frame spacer but the carb won't fit a the exhaust studs hit frame and there's no way to get to the spark plug!!

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I have no idea on that one....did you try to contact Pirate? You said they have one.

So they made it fit somehow.

Ron j

Apr 24, 2012
Chicago
Thanks for the reply. Tried to call but went to a full mail box and couldn't leave a message. I was hoping they could help me with telling the supplier that this motor just won't work. My fault for wanting a retro copy of my old schwinn sting-ray I had as a kid! Ugh!