35mph

GoldenMotor.com

ct66rider

Jan 20, 2010
ct
today my friend clocked me going 35 on flat ground in his suv and the only mods i have done to a completely stock bike is the exhaust and intake manifold ported and the exhaust cap drilled and it has the stock 44t sprocket i was pretty happy with itdnut

longhair

Mar 24, 2009
eagle rock
How much do ya weigh? [:) Figure if I could ever get back down under 200, I could pick up a few mph!
I don't believe weight has anything to do with it {up to a certain point}. I'm 218 at 5'10" and one of my bikes is a stock grubee 66, sick bike parts expansion chamber pipe, and 40 tooth sprocket on a stretch cruiser and that bike goes a good 38mph. I don't always roll at that speed, but it's nice for lane changes or cell phone dummies. Several guys I ride with are over the 200lbs mark with basically stock motors and they all roll over 30mph. It's really the combination of components on the bike as a whole that will give you speed. Good luckxct2

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
25 Mph just feels so much more comfortable than 35 MPH!(for Me that is)

wjliebhauser

Oct 24, 2009
Boulder City, NV
You are right, of course, and I was just kidding. The additional friction on the bearings/tires from the added weight would not be enough to actually affect top speed, although acceleration would be affected, as the engine has to overcome the mass inertia. Wind resistance (drag) is a bigger factor for top speed, with the rpm-torque curves of the engine relative to the gearing (sproket) is the thing. All sharp folks on this site!

longhair

Mar 24, 2009
eagle rock
25 Mph just feels so much more comfortable than 35 MPH!(for Me that is)
I agree 100%, 25mph is an optimum speed for safe /fun cruisin. But as life would have it, all of us grown gearhead boys gotta tinker with crap to make it go faster just to do it?! It all started for me when I was 9 years old and my Pop bought me a Taco minibike............. you guys know the rest of the story..weld

Pilotgeek

Apr 6, 2011
Green Bay, WI
44 Tooth, 220lb, mostly stock with jetting tweaks. I get 35 flat out, though I do not like to rev the engine that high. I usually cruise around 23-26mph and that is just fine with me.

Pilotgeek

Apr 6, 2011
Green Bay, WI
25mph is indeed fast. It gets a little slow on long boring roads, but in a more reasonable area like in town, it's great. It took a while to get my wheels trued so going over 25mph wasn't a completely frightening experience.

gphil

Jan 9, 2011
USA Georgia
If I ever get mine finished-------would be nice, more of an event than the British Wedding. lol for me that is, no offense Brit friends.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I have one bike that hits 39MPH and that is GPS reading, my speedometer is calibrated to my GPS and that bike cruises real nice @ 30-32, I ride it at that speed on 8-10 mile trips to town now and then, and also have riden it to work at 5:00AM in the morning and that is a 16 mile trip in the dark almost half of that distance is in the country where I have to dodge deer and varmints at times, a little unnerving at times.....

25MPH is a nice speed in town and on rough roads but out in the open it just seems a little slow to me and the extra 5-7 MPH really helps me feel like I'm actually getting somewhere.

Happy safe riding all.....