Suspensions For ALL!

GoldenMotor.com

Andyinchville1

Manufacturer/Dealer
Dec 26, 2007
Scottsville, VA
Hi All,

Just surfing the web and ran across this site (Pantour Products info) showing bicycle hubs that add suspensions to your bike....With so much talk about making our bikes more comfortable to ride maybe this is the ticket?

Has anybody out there tried one?

Andrew

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Nice find Andrew. Of course the one I like is $299!:(
I wonder if you would need a chain tensioner?

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
That's pretty nifty. not a lot of travel though, but I wonder how well it would take out the bumps in the road.

I'd bet you'd need a spring loaded tensioner though, since the wheel would be moving.

Andyinchville1

Manufacturer/Dealer
Dec 26, 2007
Scottsville, VA
Yeah it is kinda neat....the lack of travel seems like a concern BUT I read on their site something about how suspension forks have "stiction" (I guess like friction) so it is supposedly good.....I wonder how a hub like that would work in conjunction with a regular bike suspension?...Maybe the first inch of travel would be great since the hub does that then the regular suspension kicks in?....Hmmmm add a shock absorbing seat post and a gel cover....you may never even know you hit a bump! ;-)

Andrew

Andyinchville1

Manufacturer/Dealer
Dec 26, 2007
Scottsville, VA
HI,

From reading the FAQ's on their site they claim it is not a problem....even for rim brakes!....something about how the wheel moves....that keeps the brake pad within the rim....

Andrew

Jemma Hawtrey

Dec 29, 2007
Essex, UK
That would be brilliant with systems such as GEBE since there is already play in the belt/tensioner system.. the only loss would be the ratios but then it would be usable with a deraillier bike...

Even a little play in back would be useful - not only to save fragile human behinds but also to save shock to the wheels and other components that high speed use imparts.. a good find.

Jemma xx