Felt Bicycles Recalled

GoldenMotor.com

Sidecar

May 28, 2010
Tn.
I see where Felt's are being recalled due to the fork steer tube breaking. Here's the story and link.

Felt Bicycles Recalls Bicycles Due to Fall Hazard

Felt Bicycles Recalls Bicycles Due to Fall Hazard
WASHINGTON, D.C. - The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with the firm named below, today announced a voluntary recall of the following consumer product. Consumers should stop using recalled products immediately unless otherwise instructed. It is illegal to resell or attempt to resell a recalled consumer product.

Name of Product: 2009 Felt model B12, B16 and S32 road bicycles

Units: About 2,100 bicycles

Importer: Felt Bicycles, of Irvine, Calif.

Manufacturer: ADK Technology Limited of China

Hazard: The bicycle’s fork steer tube can break, causing the rider to lose control, fall and suffer injuries.

Incidents/Injuries: Felt Bicycles has received seven reports of the bicycle forks breaking. Minor injuries, including bumps and bruises were reported in one of the incidents.

Description: The recall includes all 2009 Felt model B12, B16 and S32 road bicycles.

2009 B12 - These bicycles are gloss silver/carbon and have carbon fiber frames with carbon fiber forks with aluminum steer tubes.

2009 B16 - These bicycles are matte black/red and have carbon fiber frames with carbon fiber forks with aluminum steer tubes.

2009 S32 - These bicycles are available in gloss white/red and have aluminum frames with carbon fiber forks with aluminum steer tubes.

Sold at: Bicycle specialty stores nationwide from October 2008 through May 2010 for between about $2,300 and $3,100 per bicycle.

Manufactured in: China

Remedy: Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled bicycles and contact your local Felt Bicycles dealer to receive a free inspection and repair.

Consumer Contact: For additional information, call Felt Bicycles toll-free at (866) 433-5887 or (866) 4-FELT-US, or visit the firm’s website at Felt Bicycles

Sidecar

Last edited:

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I wandered how long it would take to hear something about carbon fiber on these things. I have come to the conclusion the lighter you go the more fragile it is. it is just so easy to see some cheesy stuff these days.