Finished! Or am I?

GoldenMotor.com

tudorvintiloiu

Apr 19, 2010
Romania
Hey there!

Just finished my first build and rode it around the block! Took me about a week to complete, but i didn't run into any trouble. Runs great.

A couple of things remain. I could not fit the chain guard nor the flimsy metal thing that secures the exhaust. Is this a big deal? Do I really need to have the exhaust secured like that, or I can just rely on the screws that connect it to the cylinder?

Next I will have to buy a new spark plug, spark wire, and in-line fuel filter. Anything else I should get?

Thanks!

P.S. Did I mention how much fun it was to ride it for the first time? :) dance1

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
those exhaust studs can strip out easily so be mindful of torque but I don't know if I'd trust them otherwise you might find yourself having to turn around to get your exhaust. Joes right though fo sho...lol

taddthewadd

Mar 1, 2009
Visalia, California
If you are ordering those parts through Sick Bike Parts I would get a few other things as well. I got the engine hardware kit and the clutch cover piece that makes the clutch quieter. My friend runs the stock exhaust with no bracket and has no problems and same goes with the chain guard. I would recomend not wearing loose clothing and always wear shoes and a helmet.