Horn Ideas?

GoldenMotor.com

psprat496

Nov 22, 2009
New Jersey
I was just wondering if anyone has any ideas for a horn? I know that there's those Air Zounds out there but they really don't give that loud deep sound that will get you noticed. I tried out a friends and didn't really like it.

The reason I'm asking was because I was nearly in an accident today due to the fact that the lady in front of me didn't know I was along side her in the shoulder.

Any ideas?

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Pretty scary. Glad to hear your OK! I don't know of any personally. Like the NYC bicycle messengers, I know a whistle really gets a drivers attention. (I know because I almost backed into one struggling up a hill) Cool part about their way, inmho, is it leaves your hands free.

These folks have really cool old world bike horns; Parts and Accessories - Rideable Bicycle Replicas They are huge and surprisingly loud, but don't think loud enough to be heard in a car.

Google came up with this, looks like it would work for our needs, Ultra Loud Bicycle Air Horn - Truck Siren Sound (120dB) [E18132] : BestOfferBuy.com, Buy DVD, Shop for PC accessories, Discount MP3 Players, Bargain Deal for Surveillance Equipment, Cheap R4 for NDS, X-sim Unlock

psprat496

Nov 22, 2009
New Jersey
Pretty scary. Glad to hear your OK! I don't know of any personally. Like the NYC bicycle messengers, I know a whistle really gets a drivers attention. (I know because I almost backed into one struggling up a hill) Cool part about their way, inmho, is it leaves your hands free.

These folks have really cool old world bike horns; Parts and Accessories - Rideable Bicycle Replicas They are huge and surprisingly loud, but don't think loud enough to be heard in a car.

Google came up with this, looks like it would work for our needs, Ultra Loud Bicycle Air Horn - Truck Siren Sound (120dB) [E18132] : BestOfferBuy.com, Buy DVD, Shop for PC accessories, Discount MP3 Players, Bargain Deal for Surveillance Equipment, Cheap R4 for NDS, X-sim Unlock
We'll I actually thought up an ok design over the weekend. I just took a regular cup holder that mounts in the frame and hose clamped it to the handlebars in reach of my thumb. Then I just slid a simple Marine Airhorn in there and voilà a perfect horn.

It's very loud and sure to get everyones attention.