Another Build from an abandon in the park bike

GoldenMotor.com

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
well I have another abandon bike that wants to be a MB. It wants to be a Military version. I need a few cans of Army Green paint. What do you think of using a ammo can for a fuel tank up on top. I would just make a fiberglass insert to hold the fuel. I could enter it as my winter build. I have the engine mounted already it was one I made from bits I bought off line. I already ported it and ran it on the white Pacific. I dont have any rubber for the sprocket so I will have to make some, I could order a set but this is a scrap build. Have fun, and don't leave your bike in the park or it will end up in my workshop, I cut up a few trying to make a Recumbent bike. Ill get to that later. Have fun, Dave

Attachments

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
Well I got a little done on the bike today. I made a set of rubbers for the sprocket, now I need to make the back washer. I went out for a ride today on the Pacific. I have a 39 tooth sprocket on that bike. I am thinking of putting a smaller one on this build, I get tired of the spinning two stroke sound. I made a 30 tooth but never installed it. Wonder if the engine could pull one that small! The 39 pulls hills good, all my engines are ported and tuned up. Doing pretty good scrounging up parts for this build. I need to find a place to get the Army paint. I need some heavy looking racks for the front and back. I could put a scabbard on the front wheel and carve a gun stock to stick out. Na better not I live in LA county. LOL. There is a Army Navy store over in Pedro, I need to go over and see what they have. Have fun, Dave

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
Rode the bike today, WoW this is going to be hard on the clutch. I got the bike up to speed with the clutch out and I was doing about 10 MPH at idle. We will have to see if I can keep that sprocket on there. Have fun, Dave

Attachments

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
I put about a mile on the new bike today and with the sprocket it is a different bird altogether. I am getting used to it, You have to add a little pedal to get going but after that is is nice. The one thing I like is that at about 15 mph the engine is just motoring along. I think if the engine would pull the sprocket all the way up, I think it would do about 49 mph, I would say 50 but that sounds too high. Anyway I think I will keep it on there for now and see if there is something that makes it just too hard to do. I don't care about the hills, I can stay away from them for all the places I go. I will keep you posted. It is possible the perfect sprocket would be 34 teeth, for speed. I like the bike it feels good and solid the forks help, but I don't like the handlebars at all. OH the engine is only one of the 65cc? engines, you never know for sure what the actual size is. It has the small bolt pattern for the head. Have fun, Dave

PS: I am not keeping that tank I am making one. I think you will like it, pic to follow.

Attachments

Last edited:

brisbane_boy

Oct 26, 2008
Australia Brisbane
sounds good egor. Not a bad find at all. ( i bet the guys who bike it was would want it bak now :) u said u were looking for a rear mount. A company called topeak make a solid rear rack.
thats a wicked rear sprocket never seen one that small being used before. Keep up posted on how the engine keeps up with it.

spad4me

Jan 20, 2008
Arizona Bullhead
I cant even find a bike in the local thrift shops.
The economy is so bad here.
Wally world did not discount any bicycles after Christmas .
They went up in price . Last year I picked up a brand new roadmaster for $39.00 This year $89.00 and way up.

Not even yard sale bikes anymore.
When I stop to ask about any bicycles the person usually willl ask me to install a motor...
But no money for me. for free .
I have done a few freebes.

nice find.

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
Saw my first MB happy time today looked for the rider not around. the bike was in the bike rack at Pier Point Landing near the Aquarium of the Pacific, I got a pic of the bike. I started a new build with a chopper bike, belongs to a friend he wants me to finish. Has a Honda clone engine. I will try and get some pics to post. Have fun Dave

lordoflightaz

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I cant even find a bike in the local thrift shops.
The economy is so bad here.
Wally world did not discount any bicycles after Christmas .
They went up in price . Last year I picked up a brand new roadmaster for $39.00 This year $89.00 and way up.

Not even yard sale bikes anymore.
When I stop to ask about any bicycles the person usually willl ask me to install a motor...
But no money for me. for free .
I have done a few freebes.

nice find.
Take a trip down to Phoenix. The thrift stores usually have 1 or 2 all the time. The "Barbie Princess" seems to show up a lot though. I am still holding on to the Gary Fisher Mamba I got at a garage sale I can't even seem to get $100 for it.

I got a Bontrager Camino rim for $2 the other day at Goodwill, beats the heck out of the carppy Roadmaster rim from wally world. Tomorrow is 1/2 price day, I think, at Goodwill. Bring a donation and get a 20% off coupon.

Proof I am a cheap bastid: Bought a bag of things for $2 only wanted a couple things in the bag, so I immediately donated what I did not want and got 20% off coupon. LOL

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
Well I got another Abandon bike today, everyone who saw it said "how long till you get an engine on that" LOL I seem to have a reputation. I like this one it has the large head tube, makes them look old. This one has the fifteen year old brake system. I know it is that old at least, it is a Schwinn. Pretty rough but I like it. I think I will try a paint job, I was thinking of a antique white. I have two pics one is how I found it and the other is just a few hours later It rides OK. Have fun, Dave

Attachments

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
One more thing if you want to clean up Aluminum or chrome one easy way is to use WD40 and a wire brush. Just spray the brush with the oil and then scrub the parts I use a staniles steel brush I think they work better. The chrome will come out bright and the aluminum will polish nice. Also just a note if you put your bike up for the year and find that when you take it out there is rust all over the place ( I live near the ocean). Try this one Make up some two stroke oil and mix it with paint thinner 3 to 1 then spray the bike (everything). the thinner will evaporate and leave the oil in a very thin coat, (no rust) I think you will like this one. Good for guns and your Harley. Have fun, Dave

PS: Look at the seat stem in the pic above, just the oil mix and the wire brush.

corduroylion

Sep 25, 2008
norcal
wow dave!!! thats awesome!!! i cant believe you find bikes at the park like this!! ive never found an abandon bike anywhere. how awesome!! cant wait to see how they turn out!