so.cal's 16th two stroke extravaganza

GoldenMotor.com

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
september 28th 2013 at cooks corner. starts at 9 am-3pm mix that two smoke with the harley dudes and chicks. laugh at the guys with pamela anderson arm tattoo's, join the moped army with bairdco, check out all different two strokers from $$$$ racers to china girls. it's a bar and cafe so have a burger and a cool one. if you like ring-dingers it is the place to be.

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
OOPS! i may have jumped the gun in that i can't find any more info on this event. damm i wanted that barbed wire tattoo so bad i could taste the rust. dennis

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
its on! usa 2 strokers has it on their site. saturday 28th sept. i guess you can camp at o'neil park? and their's some nice roads through the canyon with lots of trees overhead. everyone has to experience cooks corner once like the rock store and ace cafe. i dont know about the police so......chime in.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
when i lived in costa mesa i rode to cooks and back just for the heck of it. fun ride, but bring extra gas and a bike that can handle hills. BIG hills. and if you're prone to breakdowns, skip the ride. you won't want to be stuck out there. there's nothing around and you'll be fixing your bike in the weeds.

also, look out for the spandex kooks. they think they own the road. many times i've driven thru there and come around a blind corner and almost plowed into groups of them who don't know the meaning of "single file..."

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Yeah, when I lived in HB I used to do the Cooks. Have a burger and a beer an go home.

Not on a motorbike though. I was riding a V-30 Magna then.

magrider

Aug 24, 2010
OrangeCounty, CA
whats cool about Cooks is you can get there from the 55 fwy go up Chapman, past where Saddleback motorcycle park used to be, past lake Irvine then hit Cooks, or off the 5 fwy exit El toro rd then hit Cooks. kind of a secret route through the Santiago canyon around the traffic jammed OC fwys. Oneill park is right around the corner from what I hear there is a lot of excitement that goes on there, overnight camping, state run park

funny thing is that I still call the city of El Toro, El toro not lake forrest

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
back in the early 70's they had billboards on the fwy ''new homes in mission viejo $27,999'' i thought who would want to live way out their? while i went back to compton to repair the bullet holes in the kitchen walls.

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
speaking about extremes
whoever would have thought vegas would be a bedroom community
and not a loser takes all ---end of the line

go figure-- the times they are a chang'in

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
next saturday 9am, hopefully nice weather. burners, like last year suck. this fat old man likes cool weather.

buck0

Apr 24, 2011
Orange County, Ca
If you drive on El Toro, between Trabuco & Portola Pkwy theres a creek on the left side. Alot of the ( as baird calls them spandix kooks) park there. You can unload there and bike in, its about 5 miles in to Cooks. Its not that hilly & the bikes shouldn't have any problems.
I pass by the creek on the way to church.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Congratulations!!! How many other bikes were you competing against? How many of them were mopeds?

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
i thought bairds moped was going to take it all! but the cards were stacked against him today. great time but some idiot started changing the rules in the middle of the show, next time less people will show their bikes because of this i'm sure.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
There were 4-5 scooters. no other mopeds, no motored bikes.

Mostly the show is for older motorcycles. there's some pretty cool stuff out ther.

Next year will be back at cook's corner around the same time. i'm sure if we got a bunch of motorized bikes we'd have our own class, or at least be in the scooter/moped class.

I took the front wheel off and loaded the moped in the back of the cadillac and parked about 5 miles away so i could ride in and make an impression. i think it worked. :) a lot of people were freaked out seeing me roll in. helps that the baffles in the pipe are gone. ;)

Next year we should have a plan and show up in force on our bikes. there's food, booze, bands, biker chicks, hardcore bikers and weekend warriors.

it'd be awesome to show up with 30-40 bikes and steal the show...