Huasheng 14 volt 8 amp Generator Engine

GoldenMotor.com

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
Thanks for the pics, Terry! Looks like the 2" additional width is indeed in the air shroud, as I figured it would be. Also interesting is that the motor has a 53cc displacement, like a Huasheng I've seen on the Chinagas site a year ago.

I still wonder where that got that extra 4cc from.. Bore or stroke? Did you get anything with that motor that lists the bore and stroke?

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Here are a few more pictures

SANY0368.jpg

SANY0369.jpg

I have 18 of these generator engines $250 each plus shipping email me if you want one they will not last long.
Huasheng 144-ID
Cheers
Terry

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
No I have no info on these yet I don't even have the wiring info yet I only know one thing I got the first 2 the rest are up for grabs I will get some measurement of the width they don't seem that wide to me.
Oh ya here is my email addy
[email protected]

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
I just measured the engine 9-1/2 and the width is 2 inches wider that the standard 142F-cc that measures out at 7 1/2
That is all the info I have at this point.

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
I just measured the engine 9-1/2 and the width is 2 inches wider that the standard 142F-cc that measures out at 7 1/2
That is all the info I have at this point.
Some of us are confused as to which way is wider. My HS 142 measures about 9.5 between the pedals.

Is it wider between the pedals or wider between the downtube/seat tube? Or when you say 9.5 width, what part of the motor is facing you?

Last edited:

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
Sounds like he's measuring from the edge of the case to the pull start assembly. Measured that way, my HS is 7.5". If I include gearbox, it's 9.5".

Also, you can see by the picture that the genny motor obviously has a thicker shroud.
I'm sorry you seem to confuse length and width.

Some of us are confused as to which way is wider. My HS 142 measures about 9.5 between the pedals.

Is it wider between the pedals or wider between the downtube/seat tube? Or when you say 9.5 width, what part of the motor is facing you?

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
It looks to me that the pull starter hardware and flywheel face dictates how deep the shroud is.That would seem to be in the same place on either engine.
That's why I don't think this engine is any wider from clutch to starter.than the non genny engine.

Width, length, depth, it's all relative to what the person doing the measuring interpits as to where they are.
That's why I want Terry to clarify it.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com

Width is measured between the pedals of course and
does not include the width of the gearbox at 9 1/2"

The Huasheng generator motor with a 4g Grubee gearbox would be 11 1/2" wide!

These pics show why the motor is 2" wider.
There is a new flywheel with the magnets behind it.

Last edited:

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
Front-to-rear (and it's reciprocal) distance is called Length. If you call it width, you are doing it wrong.

Plain and simple. Not my opinion. Fact. You can see the extra width in the dang air shroud, sheesh.

It looks to me that the pull starter hardware and flywheel face dictates how deep the shroud is.That would seem to be in the same place on either engine.
That's why I don't think this engine is any wider from clutch to starter.than the non genny engine.

Width, length, depth, it's all relative to what the person doing the measuring interpits as to where they are.
That's why I want Terry to clarify it.

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
Front-to-rear (and it's reciprocal) distance is called Length. If you call it width, you are doing it wrong.

Plain and simple. Not my opinion. Fact. You can see the extra width in the dang air shroud, sheesh.
So how do you know what I see or how good I see? All I asked for was clarificaton from someone who actualy had one in their possesion.

I wanted to be real sure about exactly what he was considering the "front" of the engine for the dimentions mentioned, before I decided on buying one.

Have some more ale man, and chill :~)

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
So how do you know what I see or how good I see?
Because you told me. You don't seem to know what your eyes see. You admitted and fully portrayed your confusion. I know what length is. I know what width is. I've done drafting, CNC ops, programming. I know the difference. You don't, so you kept repeating it, over and over. It's right in front of you.

All I asked for was clarificaton from someone who actualy had one in their possesion.
But this goes all the way back to a couple months ago. In retrospect, I can understand why you'd rather someone tell you than see it with your own eyes, in numerous pictures.

I wanted to be real sure about exactly what he was considering the "front" of the engine for the dimentions mentioned, before I decided on buying one.
Front to rear is length. Side to side is width. The flyer on the original genny thread said "This engine is 2" wider than standard". How can you not be sure? Oh yeah, that's right, you cannot tell the difference between Length and width. Hence I keep repeating it to you. You don't believe China, but you believe Terry Blow? C'mon, guy.

Have some more ale man, and chill :~)
In all seriousness wayne z, you are frustrating me, because you are overthinking a quite simple thing. Repeatedly. :D

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
Because you told me. You don't seem to know what your eyes see. You admitted and fully portrayed your confusion. I know what length is. I know what width is. I've done drafting, CNC ops, programming. I know the difference. You don't, so you kept repeating it, over and over. It's right in front of you.

But this goes all the way back to a couple months ago. In retrospect, I can understand why you'd rather someone tell you than see it with your own eyes, in numerous pictures.

Front to rear is length. Side to side is width. The flyer on the original genny thread said "This engine is 2" wider than standard". How can you not be sure? Oh yeah, that's right, you cannot tell the difference between Length and width. Hence I keep repeating it to you. You don't believe China, but you believe Terry Blow? C'mon, guy.

In all seriousness wayne z, you are frustrating me, because you are overthinking a quite simple thing. Repeatedly. :D
Yea I also have a lot of experience in all the stuff you mentioned also. That's why I wanted a definite answer from someone who possesed one of these engines. I know that not all people see the same picture with out discusson or/and illustrations.
You say front to rear is length. Whatever you are considering the front could be different in other people's eyes. The motor could be described as being installed sideways in a bike by some. Who can claim to know for sure that the actual front of this engine is where the exhaust is when it's sittin on a bench like in the pics?
In my experience it has always been very important to be sure that everyone involved was on the same page as far as what exactly was the front ect, no matter how much discusson it takes.
Easy to have missundsrstandings about that without drawings in front of you.
I am not frustrating you. You are frustrating yourself. If one feels frustrated, or angry,envious or whatever bad emotions, it is something caused from discrepancies of their own mind, not by somebody else.

So, some may think that you've had too much ale, and some may think you've not had enough :~) Everyone has a different way of seeing things. That's why I wanted definite clarification from someone who has one of these engines in their possesion.

Man, this pi ssing contest is causin' a lotta worthless posts LOL

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
Yea I also have a lot of experience in all the stuff you mentioned also. That's why I wanted a definite answer from someone who possesed one of these engines. I know that not all people see the same picture with out discusson or/and illustrations.
You do? But you still mix up length and width. The irony of that is the person who is "possessing" it doesn't know anything about the motor.

You say front to rear is length. Whatever you are considering the front could be different in other people's eyes.
Front wheel. Rear wheel. Distance between is wheelbase, measured in length. Never width. You saying you're mixing em up now? What you say does not compute, because it is a logical fallacy. You're still overthinking it, IMO.

The motor could be described as being installed sideways in a bike by some.
By who? Where? What? You're stretching now. Straw man argument. Nobody mounts a HS or Honda transversely. It's an inefficient way to get motorvated. I can show you 50x more proof proving you wrong than you can show proving me wrong. You're speculating and dodging the issue, sitting on your previous uncertainty like a hen on an egg.

Who can claim to know for sure that the actual front of this engine is where the exhaust is when it's sittin on a bench like in the pics?
I can. Because I pay attention to details. It's what makes me a great computer tech, what made me a great laser op, what made me a great mechanic. I can figure out front, rear, sides, what is length and what is width. You evidently cannot, and no one can beat it into your head, because you seem stubborn and inconclusive. Maybe it's wrong of me to assume people know which way is forward and which way is left, but I have common sense. After conversing with you, I've realized I've taken it for granted.

In my experience it has always been very important to be sure that everyone involved was on the same page as far as what exactly was the front ect, no matter how much discusson it takes.
Easy to have missundsrstandings about that without drawings in front of you.
Speak for yourself. Not for others. You have enough trouble making logical deductions in this case. I apologize for saying that, but it's just my humble opinion. You're the one who cannot tell length from width. I've never seen anyone here do that but you.

I am not frustrating you. You are frustrating yourself. If one feels frustrated, or angry,envious or whatever bad emotions, it is something caused from discrepancies of their own mind, not by somebody else.
You just about derailed yourself with that one. Let's keep to the subject at hand, shall we? No, you're frustrating me because you. just. don't. get it. You don't know length from width. But you'll keep trying to talk yourself out of it anyway. But I like how you try to mix Pee Wee Herman and Freud there.

So, some may think that you've had too much ale, and some may think you've not had enough :~) Everyone has a different way of seeing things. That's why I wanted definite clarification from someone who has one of these engines in their possesion.
Rank speculation from the top of the fence again. "Definite" clarification? You make me laugh. Why, I will not say, because I don't want to offend other parties.

Man, this pi ssing contest is causin' a lotta worthless posts LOL
You're causing a lot of worthless posts by messing up length and width. For 2 months now. This is not a pissing contest, this is you having prostrate trouble and refusing to admit it.

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
YES YES The_Aleman is correct the width is from transmission mounting surface to the starter pull cord cover is the width and it is 2 inches wider than a standard Huasheng 142F-cc.
I hope this helps
Terry

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
Looks to me that we both are wresteling with pigs and gettin muddy :~)

I'm willing to drop it now, and just be friendly

Edit: I removed everything that wasn't important from this post

Last edited: