Expansion Chamber

GoldenMotor.com

Shameless54

Sep 11, 2010
Lewisville, Texas
I have seen the black expansion chamber kit that Sick Bike Parts sellz. What other items do I need to make this werk? Special Carb Jet? Different Air filter?

I have been a gawking at the 66 cc two stroke black Daemon motor kit . . . Good Choice?

Shameless .wee.

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
I have the SBP chamber it rocks. I would suggest also getting a higher flow air filter, and one of Manic Mechanics billet intakes, Pirate sells the SBP chamber, filter and intake (buy it all there to save on shipping) Take the time to match the ports up. Get that motor breathing properly first..My bike moves pretty good, and that all I did for upgrades motor-wise.

Cheers.wee.

Edit I went with the ZoomBicycles ZB80 which is the new name for the PK-80 very happy with it

bluenosegoat

Dec 29, 2009
arizona
I have the SBP chamber with shift kit, cns carb, billet intake and matched up the ports and man what a rush! The bike is much faster than i care to go but the torque and the gearing allows me to pull my daughter or a trailer with full load of groceries with ease! I can cruise easily in 6th gear at 35 mph with a load of nearly 100 lbs! The sbp pipe is the best improvement and it sounds so cool- the way a little 2 stroker should! I've also crashed at that speed and needless to say I've slowed way down, it really hurt! But nice to know i have that power!.bf.

Last edited:

Shameless54

Sep 11, 2010
Lewisville, Texas
Yes, Bluenosegoat. That is part of my interest = To be able to ride a two cycle engine vehicle again. It is something my Harley Sportster just can't give me.

Do they still make CastorOil 2 stroke motor oil? Smells great . . . Like napalm! or the aroma of shooting a weapon with black powder. It makes me hum the songs of Wagner.

Not really.

Shameless

bluenosegoat

Dec 29, 2009
arizona
I really dont think its any louder than the stock pipes. I was concerned about the noise issue also not for me but for my daughter when she is in tow. I did purchase the extra silencer with the pipe so I never have tried it without it. I actually think its a deeper tone so not as deafening. I've also made some other pipes from pocket bike expansion chambers with great success. I think the header pipe on my red and black cruiser is to long to really get the power out of the expansion but thats okay, its a cruiser. The pipe on the blue mountain bike (my sons bike) is just awesome! best 10 bucks I've spent in a long time on ebay!

( the last pic doesnt show the sbp pipe well- hate down sizing my pics! and was before the cns and intake also)

Attachments

Last edited:

Shameless54

Sep 11, 2010
Lewisville, Texas
Wow! Cool paint jobs. Obviously you sweated the details.

On the blue bike with the black engine what did you use to seal at the joints in the exhaust pipe? The blue stuff with the hose clamp 'round it?

Shameless

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
So you use the silencer that comes with kit?
It's essentially welded in place, although you can drill the rivets out and repack it or make it longer, etc. So yes I do, PLUS I use the little B&S style muffler after the silencer.

Low cost muffler

Sound can be very subjective.

I think the expansion pipe alone (no silencer or muffler) is much louder than stock. Most will agree. Open pipe? Yikes, loud. But way difference noise.

With silencer, it helps. Not exactly quiet and probably most chicks will say it's louder. Need the dB meter! But it's about the same, just whole new sound, way different - like a nice revy dirtbike.

With silencer and muffler, it's quieter than stock IMHO. Yet some will still say it's not quiet enough. At this point - let's find out where most of the noise is actually coming from. Yep, you are correct - it's coming from the explosion in the engine itself - not the pipe. Thin aluminum air cooled 2 stroke engine is never going to be quiet.

MotorNut123

Aug 31, 2010
New York
It's essentially welded in place, although you can drill the rivets out and repack it or make it longer, etc. So yes I do, PLUS I use the little B&S style muffler after the silencer.

Low cost muffler

Sound can be very subjective.

I think the expansion pipe alone (no silencer or muffler) is much louder than stock. Most will agree. Open pipe? Yikes, loud. But way difference noise.

With silencer, it helps. Not exactly quiet and probably most chicks will say it's louder. Need the dB meter! But it's about the same, just whole new sound, way different - like a nice revy dirtbike.

With silencer and muffler, it's quieter than stock IMHO. Yet some will still say it's not quiet enough. At this point - let's find out where most of the noise is actually coming from. Yep, you are correct - it's coming from the explosion in the engine itself - not the pipe. Thin aluminum air cooled 2 stroke engine is never going to be quiet.
could you possibly put a picture up of your exhaust setup. i just wanna see how it looks.

bluenosegoat

Dec 29, 2009
arizona
I have a bout 1200 miles on my sbp pipe and have never had to mess with it at all. I was skeptical with the silicon tubing but it works great! When and if it should deteriorate I will just weld it.
One thing is for sure, anything you might buy from SBP you can be assured it is quality stuff and they have the best customer service I've experienced. Very quick to respond to emails- I had a problem with a side plate on my shift kit (some welds got missed I think) but the new plate was in my mailbox in 2 days! These guys are the best and I'm not easy to please!
Like I said I've had some good success with other pipes but they are just not the same as the sbp- you cant beat their pipe.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
could you possibly put a picture up of your exhaust setup. i just wanna see how it looks.
I got a chance to try an SBP X-chamber recently, there is of course other multiple topics here about them, and this was a way to get a pipe that could fit around the skinny crank clearance and engine mounting restrictions.

Even with that pipe it barley fit by the cranks, but it did with the dandy adjustable pieces, and when I first fired up the bike with a 66cc 2009 Grubee it about left me sitting in the street behind it.

Two things to note...

At least on my kit, which I ordered on a Friday morning and got the following Monday (awesome), the header gasket had a round hole, like a carb gasket, not an oval one like the the head port and pipe have.

I tried dinking with the gasket and just messed it up and went up to Autozone and bought a roll automotive gasket material and used a template from the last one I had.

Talk about easy port matching, Pfftt, a gasket.

The only other thing I did was use some 3" plumbers tape for a single wrap around the blue hose.
Easy aesthetic fix.

As mentioned already in this topic, I didn't notice more DB (louder) just different, cool different with the included muffler ;-}