Bike wont keep motor running

GoldenMotor.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

Watts

Mar 22, 2010
Ontario
Venice, yeah it seems to be starving for gas. And everytime I twist the throttle handgrip it seems loose and doesnt seem to be providing "throttle" to the motor.

I am using oil / gas that is less than 3 weeks old. The spark plug screws into the motor and into the other end of the electric starter. How do i change gap? what is gap? gap of hole between what? I have kept it the same way it always was so the positioning shouldnt have changed?!

I really think that the problem lies in my throttle not providing enough go for the bike, the motor starts fine but wont move forward and seems to be looking for gas. When i twist throttle as I said before, it doesnt provide forward movement and seems like something is loose while turning it.

Maybe I am wrong as I do not know exactly how the throttle works. I assume when i twist throttle it provides more electricity down cable to pin in motor which allows for more combustion?!

Thanks

Watts

Watts

Mar 22, 2010
Ontario
Decided to give bike another go, this time i thought i would hold in the kill switch and low and behold the motor started and was pulling me forward at about 20-23kmp/hr.

Woohoo good news, now next step what to do to fix killswitch wiring. Any ideas?

I'm wondering if the spring inside the button moved & is now connecting the two wires, & pushing the button is now disconnecting the circut? Is there an easy way to check this?

Thanks For All The Help Guys

Watts

Last edited:

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Fix the throttle so it's doesn't rotate.
That "wire" that goes from the twistgip to the carb is the wrong kind to carry electricity, though it will if required.

I would suggest reading up on some of the basics of machinery/motorcycles/bicycles/ ect. to gain a basic knowledge of what you are dealing with, or it could be very dangerous and costly.

Watts

Mar 22, 2010
Ontario
Thanks to you as well Bikerguy Joe, dont want to forget anyone! Nougat, Venice Beach Motors, Brent436 for following along with this post and my newbie questions thus far.

Any ideas on what the best course of action is with the re-wiring of the killswitch...I dont have to have it but would prefer to keep it for cop reasons.

Thanks again everybody

Watts

Status
Not open for further replies.