nitro bike

GoldenMotor.com

metalliatic

Mar 14, 2010
Louisville Ky
has any one tried running nitro in a 2 stroke bike? im talking about the fuel that you run in a r/c model air plain or like in the r/c 4x4 trucks. its a 2 stroke fuel premixed to 15% or 20% nitro. in the model plains and trucks the use glow plugs. possibly to just simplify things so they dont have to use a magnito or any kind of ignition system. do you think we could run nitro in our chinese 2 stroke motors?

stuartracing

Dec 9, 2008
Gainesville FL.
Yes, but you would have to correct keep an eye on plug condition big time.....I have a can of Nitro Propane that I`ve been itching to try out......But you can`t keep the fuel in the tank or carbs because it`s to rough on the lines,ect.ect....

Drewd

Jul 25, 2008
Colorado
I've been toying with the idea of running on nitromethanol but the darn cost of the fuel is not worth it.

stuartracing

Dec 9, 2008
Gainesville FL.
Link? What is that, sounds interesting.
Klotz Synthetic Oil
Klotz Nitro kl-600
It`s an Oxygentated power additive developed for Gas. and alchol/methanol engines......
contains 50% Nitopropane and 50%Koolinol(blending and cooling agent).....
Jet increase`s are 6 to 10 sizes.... for 4 oz`s to 1 gallon fuel.....And lots of plug checks....
It allows you to run a bigger fuel jet with in turns increases power, if done right....
Check out their site....They have other additives too....

metalliatic

Mar 14, 2010
Louisville Ky
you dont think that hobby fuel, 35% nitro, will incrase power. i know those little model air plains and 4x4 trucks have a lot of power for thier size .15cc(trucks)

stuartracing

Dec 9, 2008
Gainesville FL.
you dont think that hobby fuel, 35% nitro, will incrase power. i know those little model air plains and 4x4 trucks have a lot of power for thier size .15cc(trucks)
I say it will, BUT there is other stuff you need to do also......
Do`t know why (creative engineering) said it won`t make any power.....Can`t say HOW LONG it will make more power.....All depends on your set up when using it....

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
Go ahead and try it. It won't hurt your engine...it won't give you any power gains either.

If you put straight hobby fuel in your tank...the engine will not run. Try it!...If you mix it with gasoline...it will run, but not better!

You guys need to understand the characteristics of Nitromethane before even thinking about trying it as a fuel. I know I'm annoying...but I do build the engines for a 4-cylinder Top fueler that runs on 90% Nitromethane and 10% Alcohol.

Jim

stuartracing

Dec 9, 2008
Gainesville FL.
Go ahead and try it. It won't hurt your engine...it won't give you any power gains either.

If you put straight hobby fuel in your tank...the engine will not run. Try it!...If you mix it with gasoline...it will run, but not better!

You guys need to understand the characteristics of Nitromethane before even thinking about trying it as a fuel. I know I'm annoying...but I do build the engines for a 4-cylinder Top fueler that runs on 90% Nitromethane and 10% Alcohol.

Jim
Ya, ok.....
And who`s the top fuel guy you build engines for????

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
I hate to burst the bubble here but I had an old lawnboy 2 stroke lawn mower that was at the end of its life and I did not care about in the least. I and a gallon of Nitor RC fuel and the lawn mower would no longer run on gas but it ran better than it ever ran on the nitro than it ever did on mixed gas. I ran that lawn mower for at least two months unchanged no mods just emptied the fuel and replaced it with RC fuel and away it went. But when it finally gave out that was it it wouldn't even start on either. LOL JUST REMEMBER I DIDN'T CARE ABOUT THIS ENGINE I would not do this to an engine I liked it did run and it ran very well unchanged. You can say it is BS if you like but I did it and worked.
Terry

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
Terry,

I won't call BS, because a number of factors could have been involved. Did you make any adjustments to the engine? Especially ignition timing? Maybe it quit running on gasoline because it was flooding? Did it use up the hobby fuel faster than gasoline.

Do remember exactly what fuel you used? Brand and Nitro %.

I may be wrong about this...Now you're making me want to try it. laff

I've got a lot of engines here, and would try it just for grins.

From my own experience...any chance of making it work, would require exactly what Joe said because the air/fuel ratio requirement between the two fuels is completely different.

Fuel Comparison, Gasoline, Methanol, Nitromethane - SMOKEmUP.com

I'm fairly certain that even if you did modify the carbuerator and compression ratio to run nitro, this engine wouldn't last 100 yards.

Hobby fuel is entirely different than what we mix for the race car. Hobby fuel is intended to be used in a high compression 2-cycle diesel.

The fact that yours made enough power to mow the grass is amazing!

Jim

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Hi Jim
Well it is just like I said before no changes no mods removed the gas because the two wont mix. I added strait RC aircraft fuel I don't think it was more than 35% also if you remember I said the engine was warn out so compression was very low so low that it wouldn't run on gas any more. Low compression may be the answer if you have an engine that you don't care about what have you got to loose try it I bet you it will work if no just find a way to lower the compression.

stuartracing

Dec 9, 2008
Gainesville FL.
Hi Jim
Well it is just like I said before no changes no mods removed the gas because the two wont mix. I added strait RC aircraft fuel I don't think it was more than 35% also if you remember I said the engine was warn out so compression was very low so low that it wouldn't run on gas any more. Low compression may be the answer if you have an engine that you don't care about what have you got to loose try it I bet you it will work if no just find a way to lower the compression.
What is mixed with the nito for the RC motors???If it`s 35% nitro then whats the other 65%??? Alchol,methenol???

Mac

Dec 3, 2009
Maine
Hey guys,
Avid R/C flier here, and yes R/C motors are totally different, porting, boost and transfer, ABC ta pered cylinder, Thru the crank induction, Shoot, RPM in the stratosphere, diesel compression, I used to run "Quickie 500" Pylon racing, not "Legal" but ran 50% nitro, 22% synthetic lube and the remainder methanol. Normal R/C fuel 18-20% lube, 20%nitro remainder methanol.
I too have tried nitro when racing karts, double jet size(methanol 32:1, gas 14:1), retard timing 4deg
change oil every race(5 horse B&S 4 stroke) the only benifit I could see without HUGE changes would be the octane of methanol is about 113 true, add nitro probably 200, it is a self oxidizing fuel, more air is not needed(i'm generalizing)
But if anyone wants to try it, please make a video, preferably at dusk with sound!
Mac

stuartracing

Dec 9, 2008
Gainesville FL.
It`s true, putting Nito in you bike won`t make your bike run any better....But if you do the mod.`s to you fuel system to MAKE it work right, you could really haul ass....Nitro is a oxygen rich fuel, so you REALLY have to up jet to maximize the Nito..Like almost take the jet completly out of the carb....Don`t know if the stock carb. could actually work right with Nitro.....Maybe a CNS carb. or something similar....And the timing SHOULD be retarded some how....The stuff I have NITO PROPANE(KLOTZ FUEL ADDITIVES) says to up jet AT LEAST 4 jet sizes.....But to just pour it in and go won`t work, will lean out too much....