need help getting started

GoldenMotor.com

mhillz

Mar 1, 2010
NJ
Hey all, so i helped my buddy build a bike and it got me intrigued to build my own. i have been browsing through the forums to try and help answer my questions. i have been looking and researching different motor kits and was considering this one:
80cc Raw Motor Bicycle Engine Kit EPA Certified - 80cc Raw Motor Motorized Bicycle Engine Kits EPA Certified
i was wondering if anbody had any suggestions for me? im also looking into some upgrades to the motor to help it perform better. (the area i live in is very hilly and my buddy's bike goes pretty slow up some of them) so if anybody could maybe suggest some parts that would work on that specific engine plz let me kno cause i plan on buying it all at once and start putting it together. thanks.

professor

Oct 14, 2009
Buffalo ny area
You aren't that far from Pirate cycles and they have some big supporters here, see what they offer. One of the guys has a PK80 from them and is involved with them doing high performance stage development. Pirate's ad is on the lower right of the screen.

Last edited:

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
The PK's are good engines, but so are the Raw's.
Just so you know where I'm coming from; I sell Raw engine kits... I could buy any engines that I want for my company, but I like the Raw engines! (good quality, lot's of power!) ;)

mhillz

Mar 1, 2010
NJ
Thanks for the advice, but since u work for a dealer, do u kno or recomend any upgrades to inrease power? Like I said I live in a very hilly area and I'm not the lightest of riders and seein how my buddy is having some problems wit his I'm jus trying to advoid this

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I weigh over 200 lbs... They work fine for me! ;)
There are also many things you can do to further improve the performance, just read through these pages!