New FELT a la Board Tracker

GoldenMotor.com

Clotho

May 25, 2008
In the specs it says steel tank frame. Imagine that thing with a morini all dolled up! WOW, that kind of bike needs nothing but the best with a lotta love put into the build. T hat wouldnt couldnt be an everyday rider. I could never leave it outta my sight for fear of theft or vandalism.
The problem with mounting a Morinni on a Felt is that you can't get the motor high enough to clear the pedals. You would have to go with an extra wide pedal set to make it work. (Extra extra wide really)
At least this is what I have been led to believe after doing a bit of measuring.

User Magicalpancake has mounted a Morinni on a Felt MP and has a post here: magicalpancake's FELT MP Morini Build
So far he hasn't answered my question about the pedals so I suspect they are not functional :(

bandito

May 22, 2009
colorado
Some where out there they sell a wider crankset Ive read and I remember reading about other bikes with this issue, a couple of folks have just bent the crank arms out after heating them up. Seems that would muck up the geometry of the cranks but........

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Just rode RustcoRay's 4 smokers with homemade wide cranks bent out via the heat-up with a torch method. One bike was perfect and you could not tell it was not manufactured that way.

Can buy em too. Chain Drive System

I thought Spooky sold them as well, but can't find 'em on their web page.

Kevron99

Aug 11, 2009
Howell, New Jersey
I actually have a FELT bike on my first MB built. It is a FELT Luxe Cruiser (The cheapest Felt Cruiser). During the build, and since I am a beginner with some trial and errors, I have it going stable now for 2 weeks and had put in about 20 miles without a hitch. Whew...(Although I still have an issue with idling - bike wont idle).

Now I am planning to built another Felt. I am considering a 4 stroke or a morinni engine. I am leaning towards the Revolver and change the front end to Monarch forks. Then follow Clotho's procedure on how to convert the tank to an actually gasoline holder. (Thanks Clotho your my idol!!)

Here's what I did with my first project. I installed a Ridley's engine mount, Ridleys Tensioner and Ridleys custom Shimano Coaster Brake Arm. I had Jim's sprocket adapter and 38t sprocket and SBP expansion mufflers. Then installed Sturmey Archers front drum brake. Applied KREEM gas tank liner.

FELTS are great bike for an MB. It is fun to work with this flatform and the satisfaction you get after the built.

Attachments

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
I actually have a FELT bike on my first MB built. It is a FELT Luxe Cruiser (The cheapest Felt Cruiser). During the build, and since I am a beginner with some trial and errors, I have it going stable now for 2 weeks and had put in about 20 miles without a hitch. Whew...(Although I still have an issue with idling - bike wont idle).

Now I am planning to built another Felt. I am considering a 4 stroke or a morinni engine. I am leaning towards the Revolver and change the front end to Monarch forks. Then follow Clotho's procedure on how to convert the tank to an actually gasoline holder. (Thanks Clotho your my idol!!)

Here's what I did with my first project. I installed a Ridley's engine mount, Ridleys Tensioner and Ridleys custom Shimano Coaster Brake Arm. I had Jim's sprocket adapter and 38t sprocket and SBP expansion mufflers. Then installed Sturmey Archers front drum brake. Applied KREEM gas tank liner.

FELTS are great bike for an MB. It is fun to work with this flatform and the satisfaction you get after the built.
Ok I have a question....Who is this Ridley guy?Please send a link to his site....I like the chain tensioner and mabe a mount.....

Kevron99

Aug 11, 2009
Howell, New Jersey
Ok I have a question....Who is this Ridley guy?Please send a link to his site....I like the chain tensioner and mabe a mount.....
Ridley is a custom motorcycle builder that branches out to MB using only FELT bikes. The parts are costly but satisfaction guaranteed. Although their parts is for FELT Bikes only. Perfectly measured and superior materials. Check it out..here is the links.laff

Motorbike Parts - Vintage Motorbikes

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
Ridley is a custom motorcycle builder that branches out to MB using only FELT bikes. The parts are costly but satisfaction guaranteed. Although their parts is for FELT Bikes only. Perfectly measured and superior materials. Check it out..here is the links.laff

Motorbike Parts - Vintage Motorbikes
ummmm those prices are for the upper class....If I could afford 179.00 for a chain tensioner I would be so rich I would travel the world on my MB and take Dan with me lol.....laff

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
LOL, I am in John-John! (The wife thinks I am gonna do this any way and die trying) Lets do it!
.flg.
DAN,If we do this you have to get me one of those cool helmets and goggles you wear....I will make a stop on the way and get the Rum,bbbooooorrrrrrrnnnnnnnnn to be wiiiiiiiiiilllllllldddddddddddddd!!!!!!!laff

Last edited:

roblofifty

Sep 20, 2009
Ventura, California
The Felt Line of Cruisers is an amazingly designed bunch of bikes. The attention to detail is bar none. My wife gave me the Hot Wheels 68 for my birthday this summer and I dig it! I've been riding bikes, road, mountain and cruisers for ever and a day and this thing is a blast! I have a nice little collection of vintage cruisers as well, one of which is the 41 Schwinn built up as my motor bicycle. So I love them all, old and new. I personally, would not build it as a motor bike, as I love it the way it is. However, it or any of the other aluminum framed cruisers would make excellent motor bike builds. I'm curious about the gas tank thing. How to seal and where what to use for the filler and cap. Anyone know where these parts are coming from? BTW, the Slater is the bomb! The fork, Nexus hub and attention to detail makes this a great value. This will be the wife's next bike.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Wow Roblo, just wow. Awesome lookin' pics! I have a 1947, one owner Raleigh that Carol saw me take off the car and confiscated on the spot as it is "to nice to motor" LOL, happens a lot. If I don't get an engine on vintage bikes fast enough, they become part of the collection.

Yeppers Jay, they can be converted to functioning gas tanks. Takes a good deal of time and work but can be done. Check out Clotho's work of art; http://motorbicycling.com/f15/shift-kit-nuvinci-grin-2912.html

Clotho

May 25, 2008
Just rode RustcoRay's 4 smokers with homemade wide cranks bent out via the heat-up with a torch method. One bike was perfect and you could not tell it was not manufactured that way.

Can buy em too. Chain Drive System

I thought Spooky sold them as well, but can't find 'em on their web page.
According to this thread: http://motorbicycling.com/f6/just-how-wide-wide-pedal-crank-2039.html
the 3piece extra wide pedal set from Grubee should work with a Morini. I figure the motor is about 232mm wide by this diagram: http://www.morinifrancousa.com/S6-T.pdf which is the same as the Honda GXH50 and gearbox