What happened!

GoldenMotor.com
Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
I will redo my carb seals first
it's a shame the bike was running so well before it konked out on me.

Oh yeah where is the crank seal?
Hi Marc...I apologize for crashing your thread with that childish saran wrap comment. It was my lame attempt at humor.

I've had many of these engines apart, and I'll help you get it back to normal.

There are 2 crank seals...one behind the small gear on the clutch side, and another behind the magnet on the magneto side.

Remove the clutch and magneto covers and look to see if either one of these seals appears to be standing out. They should be flush with the engine case, or slightly recessed. Use a flashlight so that there is no doubt.

Jim

MarcPhotoMan

May 21, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I think that the crank seals look fine and on close inspection I notice that the carb is leaking gas.

It wasn't before so i think that that gasket on the carb bowl blew out I am going to take it off clean it and make sure and rule the carb out first.

I changed my mind in the last phot it loks like the gasket is pushed out a little is this enough to cause a signifant problem?

Attachments

Last edited:

MarcPhotoMan

May 21, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Ok sealed up the carb it does not appear to be running hot but..... after warming up and getting it to idle I had a loss of power and then it stalled before I could test for a vapor leaks (but it did not seem to be hot ie the plug boot was cool)

It could be one of two things either it's not getting enough gas or I still need to change the magneto. anyone have any advice,

I have a lot of patience and it is being tested:-||