explosive idle/please help

GoldenMotor.com

Munchiesgalore

Mar 8, 2014
Riverside, Ca.
hi,
my China girl I've had for about a year now doesn't idle whatsoever. when i start it it 'runs away' and wont stop for anything except for unplugging the wires from the motor to the cdi. I've tried everything in my knowledge to fix it with no prevail. please help.

:-||

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Sounds like the throttle slide is hung wide open or the spring is messed up somehow. Unscrew the top of the carb where the cable enters and see if the slide is binding or installed backwards. There is a long slot on one side, and a short one on the other. The long slot should be facing away from the idle screw There is a pin in the carb that the slide runs up and down on, and it won't work backwards. Be sure the cable is installed right and the spring is working properly as well.
Do a search for threads with pictures to help if you don't understand what I'm referring to.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
If the carb is good, you have a massive air leak somewhere. I still think you have something messed up in the carb itself.
I have 40 years of experience and I still put stuff back together wrong once in a while.
Recheck your work if it ran fine before.

Last edited:

Going2Hell

Nov 22, 2013
Victor, Colorado
www.facebook.com
you know, it's embarassing but; i thought i knew the carb when i slapped it together once before. i didnt notice that i got the slide reversed like maniac said, it sounds like exactly what you're experiencing. check the throttle at the handle for slack where mid throttle and zero throttle are at. if its slack, and you double checked the carb; maybe the cable?

Mean.motor

Mar 14, 2014
Brampton, ON
Yep, sounds like a slide issue... lol

I did a carb adjustment and put the slide back in wrong and let my little brother take it out for a test spin (his first time riding anything with a motor) and he just went lol... he couldnt stop, he was scared cause of the rpm revving w.o.t basically. it was quite funny seeing him come to a stop sign on a busy street and not knowing what to do so he just went left for a sidewalk lol.. ahhh god.. hahahah. .duh. ..my first learning curve about the carb slide.