almost a new owner now a new owner

GoldenMotor.com

guyingolden

Nov 16, 2013
golden co.
drained the tank of old gas and put new in. After a 100 yards down a hill it fired up. Did leave the choke on too long me thinks. Seems to run good BUT belt (s) slipping, couldn't tell which one but their squeaking (slipping) big time. I'm guessing it"s time for new belts. Didn't see any adjustment for the clutch belt but I did move the rear wheel back as far as I could with keeping the bike chain proper.
Looks like this bike could be a blast.....
2008 NE5...60 miles:-||
Will

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
welcome to our world of the motorized bicycle. you will get it all figured out and the addiction will hit you. great to have you with us

guyingolden

Nov 16, 2013
golden co.
well I am getting the squealing from the front (brown) pulley thingy. the one on the engine. Is that the clutch????? Holding the bike on a hill standing still the unit squeals and the bike won't move. Can't be the drive belt ( cause I'm standing still, the front drive belt moves and doesn't seem to be slipping.
Is my clutch slipping?????? Help
thanks Will

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
yes thats the clutch belt...you can try lossening the pivot and pulling the clutch up to tighten it(make sure it doesnt rub the bottom bolt boss on the engine)...forego the spring on the pivot for now and tighten the pivot once tight......if that doesnt do it you'll probably need a new belt.

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
in the future....stand alongside the bike and put the pedal around 11 oclock and try holding the compression release and releasing it while pushing down on the pedal...they usually light right off ...may have to choke one kick then open to start.

guyingolden

Nov 16, 2013
golden co.
I will try to adjust the clutch.....thanks.
I did that 11:00 o'clock position kick start......20-30 times. Stubborn girl. I live on a hill and it takes a half block of rolling down hill to fire up. Once it fires up it purrs like a kitten. Kinda scared to drive it to a store without a hill.
You mentioned the spring on the clutch what should I do with that, just work around it?
Thanks so much
Will:-||

guyingolden

Nov 16, 2013
golden co.
Looking at the arm holding the clutch. It looks to me if I loosen the nut holding the arm the clutch will rise with help of the spring and both belts will tighten?????????
I checked the plug...., a NGK CR7EIX.....it had your typical spark plug washer but also had an xtra 2 copper washers?????
"my kingdom for a hill"
Thanks Will:-||

guyingolden

Nov 16, 2013
golden co.
went out to adjust the clutch......way too close to the castings that hold the belt cover to go up any more .....I have an xtra belt a D&D Power Drive AX61....
Do you know if that is correct? It's a ribbed belt.
I am gonna get through this......I hope
Will:-||