Motorized Bicycle Installation Video!

GoldenMotor.com

stinky

May 21, 2011
The South
Re: Motorized Bike Installation Video!

Ok let me figure out how to make it public give me a few.
Youtube is vague at best. Ok i unlocked it sorry!!

stinky

May 21, 2011
The South

Oh flog me!!! I had to get certified so it would even let ME! see the video!!
It was too long so i had to get certified, verified, whatever!!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado

I got a notice that siad the 'Screen Actors Guild' was boycotting this video because you didn't pay the union dues. Maybe one of the big studios will buy it and you can live off the royalties. :)

Tom

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas

Good luck with that build man, hope it works out for ya, not cleaning/flushing out that lower end may come back to haunt you, trash on top usually means trash in the bottom which can spell disaster for the bearings.. but I hope not.

Spark plug wire just screws out of the CDI, and if the little screw on doo dad/round nut is still on top of the spark plug that is why the boot wont go on, the boots are made to just grab on to the threads and the stock boots normally fail pretty quick in my experience and need to be replaced with an automotive boot or a good NGK boot.

Best wishes and hope it last you a long time.

Peace, Map
.wee.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas

It's not a doo-dad, the proper terminology is terminal nut . LMAO laff
Or it could be a thang-ama-jig......! dance1

No you're right huffy D, I sat here for a few seconds just completely blank looking at the wall trying to remember what the heck the proper name of that doo-dad was......LOL!

Map

stinky

May 21, 2011
The South

Yeah that spark plug terminal protector had me stumped. If friggin looked like a normal
spark plug i would use in my car. I almost busted the spark plug cap "spreading it" lol.

Then I read and saw what was up lol!!

The machine is done, so like I said, have a laugh at all the things i had forgotten in 2 years!! I left in the screw ups for fun!

I had to cut out the part where I was cussing about the sprocket on the torque converter lol!! I will never build one of these things at the peak of the summer heat again!! Everything all bloody slippery and sweat runnin in my eyes!!

Last edited:

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas

Which 2 stroke engine kit is the best in the market? Who sells it?
The one that is the best is the one that you get lucky enough to find that has a fairly true crank and the bearing are good and will last a good while if the bike build is done right and the engine is tuned properly and a high quality 2 stroke oil is used so that the engine will be well lubricated and run as cool as possible.

Bottom line is that you can probably get a really good engine from several vendors and at the same time you could get a dud from the same vendor, it has been said probably hundreds of times on this forum that they are all pretty much a crap shoot, some do seem to have better luck than others, but they're still like a box of chocolates, you never know for sure what you're gonna get.

Now, if you buy a kit and before mounting the engine you pull the head, pull off the cylinder/jug, flush out the lower end/case good to make sure there isn't any grime down in there to harm the bearing or to get pushed up on top of the piston and while you're at it you debur the ports so they will flow better and go ahead and replace the potential to fail upper wrist pin bearing, you are much more less likely to have a major failure, this is not always necessary, some engines work great and last right out of the box, but I have not seen any of them yet that couldn't benefit from having a couple extras done to them.

Spend some time seraching you questions out here on the forum and read read read, good vendors here and good vendors elsewhere also.

Best wishes on whatever you decide.
Map
.wee.

Last edited:

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas

In reguards to the spark plug issue I thought that screw on the thang was the deal that was on top of that other deal that is on that square looking part that has those fin looking thangs that stick up like ridges or some on top of uh you know the engine thang that the exhaus pipe lookin tube screws on to, and what the deal is, is that the long wire has that curved looking deal on the end of it that pushes down over the spark plug and it has a square looking box thang that has some wars coming out of it that have to hook up to them other wars so that other deal that makes the electric go up the the black square box will make a spark go to the spark plug, now my trouble seems to be that the black curved deal wont push all the way down, is it possible that I need to screw off that little chinga lerra thats on top of the plug tip?

LOL.....! I work with a fella that would most like ask the question like I just did......pretty dang funny listening to him and hard to know what the heck he is talking about some time.....!

Map

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK

^^^^ I swear that I just read that post in the voice of Boomhauer (from King of the Hill) and it made perfect sense!!! Great way to start the day before going to work!

:D

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.

Excuse me , Excuse me stewardess , whats the movie on this flight??
Can I please get some peanuts and a coke??

laff

stinky

May 21, 2011
The South

It's a old habit i have of around my friends doing that kind of thing to get
them talking lol!!! Blurt out some half assed nonsense. I'm telling ya
IT WAS THE HEAT!!! Besides I know exactly what I was talking about.

And see now you requestioned your own build!

I'll leave it up there to show what a 108 degree heat index, and
mercury fillings do for your mind! If i had been drinking I would have
made more sense. Beer short circuits the mercury in my brain and
helps me think better.