Advice for our Minions

GoldenMotor.com

UVsaturated

May 15, 2008
Dayton, Ohio
If we ever want to have legitimacy to our group, we need to encourage anyone involved with motorized bicycling to form local clubs. I've started to make contacts in my area and promote that you should do so also. In this way, we can become organized eventually and have a sanctioning body that makes more sense to the people in government than just one person's agenda.

In this way we can influence and affect change in legislation, and promote the endeavors of the group more effectively.

Anyone want to add to this, be my guest:

(PS - I am developing a non-profit corp for other ventures and there is no reason the people into motorized bicycling cannot develop an organization that is also a non-profit that can benefit the motorized bicycling community also.)

Maxvision

Jun 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
Oh lord, wouldn't that be nice. I live in large metropolitan city and can't get more than 7 riders together at once for a group ride.

SHAME ON YOU SAN DIEGO!!!

And everyone knows, if you want to make a change in government, you have to grease a lot of palms. Then again, maybe we could get a herd of nagging old women to lobby for us!

Last edited:

UVsaturated

May 15, 2008
Dayton, Ohio
Oh lord, wouldn't that be nice. I live in large metropolitan city and can't get more than 7 riders together at once for a group ride.

SHAME ON YOU SAN DIEGO!!!

And everyone knows, if you want to make a change in government, you have to grease a lot of palms. Then again, maybe we could get a herd of nagging old women to lobby for us!
More importantly you have to understand the mindset of a politician. You have to sell your idea to them to make them look good in public. It's all about them you see.

Maxvision

Jun 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
More importantly you have to understand the mindset of a politician. You have to sell your idea to them to make them look good in public. It's all about them you see.
Maybe we could get Dick Cheney into motorized bicycle riding...politicians would follow him like zombies to a virgin feast.

Speaking of Dick Cheney, anyone been watching "The World According to Dick Cheney" on TV. I can't help but think of the cartoon "Pinky and The Brain" while watching it.

UVsaturated

May 15, 2008
Dayton, Ohio
You have to accentuate the positive aspects of the product or industry and tell them how it will help their state or political jurisdiction. Obviously if everyone started riding motorized bicycles the gasoline companies would suffer, so that is a no win situation because the oil industry has big pocket books and are routinely filling the pants of our politicians in office.

It has to be promoted as providing new jobs and industry and that would be a good thing if more people ponied up the money to establish products here in America. I've got plenty of designs and ideas, just not a lot of money. LOL

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
That's a great idea, except trying to find anyone else to be in the club within 30 miles of your house is the hard part.

Legwon

Mar 2, 2013
Van bc Canada
unfortunatly, we cant do that here :( even if u COULD get a bunch of ppl together, unless its official gathering like a parade or car show etc. more than 5 ppl together is considered a gang.
the cops WOULD be all over us. they dont like ppl hanging out in large groups like that. :s