Sprocket Mounting Holes....The more the merrier?

GoldenMotor.com

Andyinchville1

Manufacturer/Dealer
Dec 26, 2007
Scottsville, VA
HI Guys,

Just trying to get a little feedback on how we can improve our Super Sprockets....

Our current "regular" Super Sprockets have 4 mounting patterns on them...

1) The Large Bolt Circle 8 MM 9 hole mount. (HD Factory Rag mount)

2) The Small bolt Circle 6 MM 9 hole mount.

3) The Large Bolt Circle 6 MM 9 hole mount (basically reuse holes from #1 above BUT use 6 MM bolts instead of 8 MM bolts).

4) The direct to disc brake hub 6 bolts holes.

I am wondering how often (if ever on the "newer" engine kits) is #2 used?

If #2 above is no longer regularly used, I was thinking about removing those mounting holes from our "regular" Super Sprockets adding the (2) Manic Mechanic Mounting patterns and maybe even throwing in a pattern or two from the Grubee HD hubs as well....

I think the Manic mounting patterns will work on our current sprockets as they are now but some of the holes will be very close together....Not necessarily a problem from the structural standpoint but more from an aesthetics standpoint (people tend to get a little uneasy if there isn't a lot of "meat" around bolt holes).

Thanks in advance for your input.

Andrew

(The reason I bring this up is because I had gotten a few calls over the past several months where a person was "on the fence" about buying a sprocket because they were undecided as to how they would ultimately mount sprocket to their bike...I figured the solution would be to have all the more common mounting holes on 1 sprocket).

A a side benefit, since most of our work has been with the Top Hat Sprocket / Disc Hub side of things, it probably wouldn't hurt to expand sprocket production to cover the sprockets needed for "clamshell" type adapters as well.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
The smaller 9-hole pattern (#2) is what all my 4-stroke kits now come with... (so there are plenty out there).

Another hole pattern you might consider adding is the Sportsman hub adapter pattern; Many people are using them these days & being able to use your colored sprockets might be a nice option?