My sporty custom

GoldenMotor.com

knitt31

Mar 31, 2011
WI
Thanks guys! I owe this forum for so much advice and inspiration. Unfortunately though, this guy is up for sale, as I'm getting my foot into the door as a motorcycle owner.

knitt31

Mar 31, 2011
WI
Do you have a bike yet? I just picked up an 81 Suzuki gs550 last week. I'm in over my head.

maurtis

Dec 14, 2011
Kyle, TX
That is a fantastic build! I love the lines. What frame is that? I may have to try and copy that build, with a 4 stroke stuffed in there...

But most of our bikes are no comparison to a real motorcycle (but some of the racers come close). That GS550 is a neat bike, and can look really cool restored and customized.

I actually got into motorized bicycles because of giving up motorcycle riding (for now). I gave up motorcycles after my son was born but obviously never lost the itch. But commuting on a bike, much less sport riding, was getting too dangerous for me to be comfortable with. I figure putting around the neighborhood on a motorized bicycle should be safe-ish, right? You know, like having just a little taste of whiskey after your AA meeting, what's the harm, right? lol

Here is a pic of my first street bike, and the last bike I loved. Never should have sold her. She never even got a complete paint job after the new tail section, I found out the next owner rattle canned her flat black. So sad...

Last edited:

knitt31

Mar 31, 2011
WI
Thanks! The frame, forks, and seat are Micargi Rover, other than that, everything else was pieced in as I chose. That honda of yours is gorgeous. Would have loved to have seen it completed, but I completely understand where you're coming from. Myself, a college student, I have less inhibition concerning what happens to me. And, of course, I love riding. Here's my girl. Stock, Unimpressive, but full of potential (and learning opportunities, which I'm most excited about.)
http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg513/knitt31/GEDC0037.jpg

maurtis

Dec 14, 2011
Kyle, TX
Thanks! The Hawk was a labor of love, going from bone stock to almost no part that was not modified in some way over the course of 10 years ;)

Looks like your girl is in fantastic shape, have a blast! I could see that bike being a super sweet cafe racer pretty easily.

knitt31

Mar 31, 2011
WI
If I had the ability to do so, I'd love to. I actually get tons of questions from people asking "Whats in those bottles?" I think they are half expecting me to say kerosene, or jet fuel.