First Build!

GoldenMotor.com

Redbeard1204

Jun 18, 2011
United States
Bought the bike from a buddy of mine. Hopped of a curb a little too fast and bent the rear wheel started wobbling, causing the tire to rub the chain and kaplow! no more rear tire.

Was planning on slowly modding it here and there, but I figure I might as well get it all done. So here is what I'm up too:

Playing with paint. Trying to come up with something sweet looking and fuel/corrosion resistent. I found a clear coat enamel spray for engine blocks, so hopefully that'll do the trick.

Waiting on a new 32h rim. My 36h rear was alright after the blowout but the hub I just bought off of Craigslist is a 32h :/ When it gets here on Wednesday, I'll start lacing her up with some heavy gauge spokes.

I picked up a Shimano Nexus-8 internal hub at a steal of a price and can't f'n wait to ride her with it! I still have to order a jackshaft set up, but I've been looking around to find the best for the $$...

Thanks to BarelyAWake's post, I'm working on a template for an under-top-tube tank. I'm guessing it'll be about 1.5 gallons...

So that's what I'm up to at the moment, my plate is full but I'm hungry!!.wee.

Redbeard1204

Jun 18, 2011
United States
Thanks Dan!

Finished lacing up the Shimano hub today, picking up the wheel tomorrow after it gets trued up.

Finished playing with paint yesterday, I finally found the color I want. Just waiting to spray until I know I'm done fabricating.

Anyone know where the best place to pick up a jack shaft kit is?

On another note, how does one attach photos? I'd rather not imbed a ton of pix and make the page take forever to load...

Redbeard1204

Jun 18, 2011
United States
I always feel I need more time whenever I'm undertaking a project. The new wheel is trued up, and the frame was spread so the new hub would fit. I've got the goose neck, crank arms, and head set off of the frame and am going to prep it for paint today. The jack shaft is in the mail. Might be getting a bigger carb and an expansion chamber from a friend of mine.