Will a happy time engine throttle and cable work on a GEBE Robin/Subaru??

GoldenMotor.com

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
I have a several HT engine kits laying around and just ordered a GEBE kit with a Subaru/Robin 4 stroke and was wondering if I can use the HT throttle and cable on the GEBE setup....Anyone done this????
John

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
Re: Will a happy time throttle and cable work on a GEBE Robin/Subaru??

Well, I've used a throttle swivel thingy from the top of them little walbro carbs before and if you have a dremel and put some effort into it what you can do is you can bore out the swivel a bit and then take the clutch cable knarp (the screw thing) and file down the O.D. of the small side of the knarp until you can snugly push the knarp into the swivel's hole. then you can clamp down on your HT throttle cable and make it work. The other thing is you will need to get a super beefy return spring of some kind as the one on that wittle walbro won't do nada. Peace man!
-LS

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York

On this forum somewhere is information on making a jig out of aluminum that will allow you to solder on a new 'lollypop' end anywhere on the cable, so you can make a custom lenght cable that fits exactly how you want it.

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury

My Subaru/Robin engine came in yesterday and the HT throttle and cable hooked right up to it without any modifications....The spring snaps back good....
John