Chain bent?

GoldenMotor.com

weegenc

Sep 18, 2010
Charlotte nc
My chain completely bent and seized my back tire. This is the second chain that has happened to. I thought it was just the old chain but guess not 12 dollars later. Picture in a few. I also have no idea whatsup with my idol. It was running fine until I pit in an aftermarket high preformance spark plug. The idol scares the **** out of me. What am I doing wrong besides everything?

r00t4rd3d

Aug 2, 2010
Internet
So you replaced the cheap kit chain with a cheap 12 dollar chain and that broke too ? NOWAY !

My guess is its not the chain but the chain alignment.

What kind of carb do you have ? Stock , CNS , NT. Have you tried putting in the old plug and see if it idles back to normal so your sure its the plug and maybe something didn't work itself loose and cause an air leak ?

:)

Last edited:

weegenc

Sep 18, 2010
Charlotte nc
My 12 dollar chain worked before I replaced the rear wheel.

I'm checking if its the plug later today. Of course I need another chain to do it and idk what to do about that problem.

weegenc

Sep 18, 2010
Charlotte nc
I tightened that thing down like no other. It shouldn't have budged for a second. I'm gonna double Check that when I'm going to class. I have a tensioner on the top part of the chain because my last weel always knocked off the chain at at location. It bent on the bottom now. Should I switch it over?

weegenc

Sep 18, 2010
Charlotte nc
that is an extremely nice chain. As soon as i get this problem fixed with my franconstine chain i am gonna hit up my guy at the bike store.

r00t4rd3d

Aug 2, 2010
Internet
The sprocket can be fully tightened down and still be out of alignment especially if your using the kit rag joint sprocket adapter. I had one slightly bent tooth on my rear kit sprocket that left me scratching my head for days. Make sure you double check everything.

>:)

Last edited:

weegenc

Sep 18, 2010
Charlotte nc
Will do. I'll get back with yall tonight and let you know how it went. Im gonna start working on it at 5:00est so ill keep updating what i find with my phone.

Thanks to all for the help.

r00t4rd3d

Aug 2, 2010
Internet
If you have just the stock carb the idle screw is the one with the spring on it. Back it out some with the new plug if the old plug makes it idle normal.

weegenc

Sep 18, 2010
Charlotte nc
I have the CNS carb, what are the stats for the new plug? I think the problem is the tensioner. im going to flip flop it and see what happens. Should i just put the two broken chains together until i figure out why it isn't working or is that a good permanent solution? I highly doubt that it would be a good solution but it doesn't hurt to ask lol.

weegenc

Sep 18, 2010
Charlotte nc
The sprocket on the back was loose as crap. I tightened that flipped the tensioner and changed the spark plug and it ran well. The bike runs like he'll still with the stock spark plug. What would have happened?

r00t4rd3d

Aug 2, 2010
Internet
Get some starter fluid or wd-40 , while your engine is running and idling , spray a -small- amount of either spray around where the carb connects to the intake. If you have an air leak the rpms will change. With starter fluid the rpms will increase and with wd-40 the rpms will decrease and the engine may stumble and puff out some white smoke out the pipe.