Oh,... the bird's nest that live in my Clutch Plate.

GoldenMotor.com

wasabi805

Jun 2, 2010
Santa Barbara, CA
SO,..i have have this pretty ghetto squeek which i think the culprit is from the clutch. I tried sparingly greasing the edges where the plates meet carefully making sure that none of the grease got on the clutch pads. I also adjusted and slightly greased the area where the flower bolt meets the plate. Did I miss something?

wasabi

moronic_kaos

Apr 6, 2010
Connecticut
You can shut it up by spraying it with with the "anti-sqeek" stuff for car breaks. It doesn't shut it up completely but it gets a little better.

All the clutches squeel a lot though. It's just their nature.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
You can shut it up by spraying it with with the "anti-sqeek" stuff for car breaks. It doesn't shut it up completely but it gets a little better.

All the clutches squeel a lot though. It's just their nature.

Where are you spraying this stuff to "shut it up"?
If you spay brake cleaner in the wrong place, you can wash off what little oil may be on certain parts.

If there is a chirping sound, it could be that the clutch shaft itself is not lubed, and that's not good.

Or are you talking about the gears "whinning"? That is normal.

Last edited:

moronic_kaos

Apr 6, 2010
Connecticut
Where are you spraying this stuff to "shut it up"?
If you spay brake cleaner in the wrong place, you can wash off what little oil may be on certain parts.
I just spray it right over the inside of the metal disc part that squishes with the brake pads. Seems to calm it down a lot. Gotta re-do it like every 2 or 300 miles.

wasabi805

Jun 2, 2010
Santa Barbara, CA
Continuous, or intermittent?
Does it make this sound when riding and the clutch it engaged? (released)
Does it do it when the bike is being pushed, not running, with the clutch pulled in?
It only really squeaks when the clutch is not engaged. When I'm riding it's fine. Should i still try that anti-squeak, automotive break stuff?