sprocket adapter with disc brake

GoldenMotor.com

dirbob

Aug 11, 2009
Santa Rosa, Ca
here is my version of a sprocket adapter and am adding disc brake to it (tired of panic stops). after completion am going to try to run both calipur and disc brakes on same wheel. My clamping mechanism leaves something to be desired. So if i get any movement at all will put rag joint back in to stiffen it up. have a nice day. bob

Attachments

mechanickid

Aug 7, 2008
nh
i've been very interested in doing something like this myself, did you have to get an extra wide axle?

dirbob

Aug 11, 2009
Santa Rosa, Ca
mk didn't use wide axle just machined spacer to fit what i had then hung calipur on outside. just took a cut off bolt and machined it down to fit bearing. then drilled and tapped it to axle threads. in my case 10mmx1.0 (it varies). that way brake should run true even if you have to adjust wheel. Still have to make setup so brake is self centered(a work in progress). Good luck on your endeavors. bob

mechanickid

Aug 7, 2008
nh
i wonder if there is a way to get the break to fit the sprocket and mount it at the front half of it so the chain could clear it?

dirbob

Aug 11, 2009
Santa Rosa, Ca
mk yes there is a way to do exactly that. it already has been done. not sure if the thread is on this site or motoredbikes.com. a guy had a real beautiful setup. thats what i was originally going to do until i found out you could get brake and calipur for $25. i already had the parts to make just what you are talking about, but you run into real clearance problems. can't remember what the guys thread was called, but he did a real beautiful job but looks like he made his own calipur. bob

cyclepro101

May 13, 2009
NEWCASTLE
This is what I did. I just had to grind a little off the caliper mount and use a smaller spacer between the spokes and the sprocket. Works a treat.

Attachments