motor bog near redline

GoldenMotor.com

dumpstercrusher

May 20, 2013
Glen Burnie, Maryland
Well today was a super nice day out and decided to take the bike out. I had to of rode about 25 miles today, but while i was riding the motor would bog down near redline like there was not enough fuel being burned off. It only happens when full throttle and at near redline, anywhere else its fine and im confused as to why its doing it. Im running a 60 jet in a dellorto carb with fred's (cr machine) built motor.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Not enough fuel through the stock petcock? Fuel cap not venting fast enough?
Sounds like the bowl is being starved for fuel at top speed.
Look for restrictions in the fuel supply.

dumpstercrusher

May 20, 2013
Glen Burnie, Maryland
Not enough fuel through the stock petcock? Fuel cap not venting fast enough?
Sounds like the bowl is being starved for fuel at top speed.
Look for restrictions in the fuel supply.
well i drilled a hole thru my stock petcock cuz i think the design is absolutely retarded and just use a inline shut off valve. cap is venting great since i dont even screw the cap on all the way which helps me from drilling a second hole in the cap plug? hard to describe. theres like a plug type thing with a fuel line like there are on cars so the cap doesnt fall off. using gt2a-s frame. the bowl could be a point but i dont understand why it would of i have constantly flow thru the lines and into the carb. My guess is the jet is to small to keep up with the engine during high revs? my opinion, but could sound stupid to others lol im still learning

dumpstercrusher

May 20, 2013
Glen Burnie, Maryland
Have you tried turning the choke on while running WOT?
on as in open? if thats the case then yes its always open. my dellorto carb states that its an automatic spring change as in u try and start the bike with the choke closed and when you give it gas it open up automatically. tried that, but didnt work lol but either way i dont have an inbetween. its either open choke or closed choke so i dont think it has anything to do with the choke on my carb

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
on as in open? if thats the case then yes its always open. my dellorto carb states that its an automatic spring change as in u try and start the bike with the choke closed and when you give it gas it open up automatically. tried that, but didnt work lol but either way i dont have an inbetween. its either open choke or closed choke so i dont think it has anything to do with the choke on my carb
Well, there goes that idea.

Tried restricting air flow? :D

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
This is what's called a fuel delivery problem. Check the filter inside the bango. If this don't improve things then jet up one size . Your running a SHA-CLONE right? A genuine Dorlleto?

dumpstercrusher

May 20, 2013
Glen Burnie, Maryland
Well, there goes that idea.

Tried restricting air flow? :D
what do you mean restricting air flow? lol

This is what's called a fuel delivery problem. Check the filter inside the bango. If this don't improve things then jet up one size . Your running a SHA-CLONE right? A genuine Dorlleto?
inside th bango? does that mean the filter that screws into the petcock? thought about jetting up to 65 because thats what i was running before for a couple weeks, then switched to 60 few weeks ago with no problem but i will keep that as a possibility to rejet. Yea i believe its a clone. Thats what it said when i bought the kit. A genuine dellorto and a clone looks so identical that i wouldnt understand why the clone would fail.

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
what do you mean restricting air flow? lol

inside th bango? does that mean the filter that screws into the petcock? thought about jetting up to 65 because thats what i was running before for a couple weeks, then switched to 60 few weeks ago with no problem but i will keep that as a possibility to rejet. Yea i believe its a clone. Thats what it said when i bought the kit. A genuine dellorto and a clone looks so identical that i wouldnt understand why the clone would fail.
Restricting air flow as in "clogging" the air filter. :D That would make the engine run a tad richer as it won't have as much air to burn the fuel.

dumpstercrusher

May 20, 2013
Glen Burnie, Maryland
Restricting air flow as in "clogging" the air filter. :D That would make the engine run a tad richer as it won't have as much air to burn the fuel.
wouldnt that jus prevent you actually riding the bike because of how slow it will be? lol my buddy had that problem when me and him cruised. his bike would not produce the power like it was before. i knew right away it was because the air filter was clogged of oil. after removing it the bike rode like a champ

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
Jet up to a .62 you buy @ "Treatland TV" one @a time or a set. The bango is on the left side where you hook up the fuel line . Take that screw out and you'll find the "BANGO FILTER" and look on the side of the Carby and tell me the name you see.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
I think that first I'd try raising the float level a bit to see what effect that might have.

dumpstercrusher

May 20, 2013
Glen Burnie, Maryland
Jet up to a .62 you buy @ "Treatland TV" one @a time or a set. The bango is on the left side where you hook up the fuel line . Take that screw out and you'll find the "BANGO FILTER" and look on the side of the Carby and tell me the name you see.
there is no name so im guessing its a clone. well i rejetted the carb with a 65mm since i was running a 60 and i wont know if that has helped till im able to take the bike back out again. only have jets from 60-80 in 5 incriments at the moment

mew905

Sep 24, 2012
Moose Jaw
there is no name so im guessing its a clone. well i rejetted the carb with a 65mm since i was running a 60 and i wont know if that has helped till im able to take the bike back out again. only have jets from 60-80 in 5 incriments at the moment
Are you running reeds? What revs are you running? "bogging down" is such a broad term its hard to determine exactly what's going on. If you're running really high revs, then it may be a limitation of the motor's capability of breathing. If it ran perfectly with the 65 jet it tells me you're starving it of gas through your own testing. I cant blame you though, I ran a 70 with great results, but wanted to see what running leaner could do, so I jetted down massively to a 62 with decent results.