First bike won't start, dry spark plug

GoldenMotor.com

jduncan

Feb 22, 2013
Simi Valley, CA
New spark plug, same thing. No start. Could the lower CDI reading be impacting it?

I'll check right now to make sure the magnet isn't on backwards.

Edit: Couldn't figure out how to get the bolt off, will try it tomorrow. CDI read 126 this last test.

Spark was just not visible during the day, could be seen at night. Still no clue what the problem really is, I'll be working on it with the friend's dad tomorrow.

Last edited:

jduncan

Feb 22, 2013
Simi Valley, CA
Working now! The problem was probably the damn clutch plate the whole time. I took it in a bit and it started right then and there. But thank you all for the help, I wish I had figured that one out sooner.

Only problem now is that the muffler end cap fell off... Oops... Will that have much of an impact before I get a new one or an expansion chamber?

Trevor.B

May 30, 2021
Working now! The problem was probably the damn clutch plate the whole time. I took it in a bit and it started right then and there. But thank you all for the help, I wish I had figured that one out sooner.

Only problem now is that the muffler end cap fell off... Oops... Will that have much of an impact before I get a new one or an expansion chamber?
I have this problem after I replaced my top end what did you do to the clutch plate because come to think of it my clutch does seem a little off please reply this is the only thread I've seen similar to my problem it's really frustrating thank you