Graymatters?

GoldenMotor.com

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
Anybody with calipers run Dia Compe Graymatter pads? I've got Tektro C230's with stock pads, they're okay, but I want more stopping power. I noticed that the pads themselves say "alloy" on them and I know that the Graymatters work great with steel wheels. I have a pair on my 3 speed and they work great. I was just wondering how well they would stop compared to the amount of wear they would take, my stockers are already starting to wear a bit.

And don't tell me to get discs. I am not a noob.

Thanks, guys.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
All I can say is if the grey compound is anything like the grey Felt quick brick tires, they prolly won't stop at all.

The best brake pads for caliper type brakes are the Kool-Stop salmon colored pads.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing.

I am talking about these:
http://www.amazon.com/Dia-Compe-Grey-Matter-Brake/dp/B001CJZ2S8

I've actually got a set on my 68 3 speed and they work great, but I was wondering how they'd work on a gas bike.
Not sure about the grey Dia Compes but I've found their pads to be inferior and I do know what i'm talking about......I was making a silly comparison to a grey tire compound that is worthless.

Like I said, the best stoppers many have found are the Kool-Stop salmon color or dual compound salmon and black brake pads. Seek them, you'll be glad you did.

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
Not sure about the grey Dia Compes but I've found their pads to be inferior and I do know what i'm talking about......I was making a silly comparison to a grey tire compound that is worthless.

Like I said, the best stoppers many have found are the Kool-Stop salmon color or dual compound salmon and black brake pads. Seek them, you'll be glad you did.
It was the tire comparison that threw me off.

Did some googling, they seem to be alright, much larger than the Grays. I will see if the LBS stock them, don't see why they wouldn't.

What's special about the dual compounds though? Just wondering, I know the salmons work great in the wet, so if that's the case, then why go black and salmon?

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
It was the tire comparison that threw me off.

Did some googling, they seem to be alright, much larger than the Grays. I will see if the LBS stock them, don't see why they wouldn't.

What's special about the dual compounds though? Just wondering, I know the salmons work great in the wet, so if that's the case, then why go black and salmon?
Salmon works best for all conditions from my expirience.....I'd settle for black and salmon if that's all they had in stock. I haven't found an advantage in the dual compound except they may last a bit longer.