Which is stronger???

GoldenMotor.com

retromike3

Jan 9, 2009
Beaverton OR
It depends on how the wheel is built. I have seen some very light wheels built that are stronger than the "heavy duty" type. the latest set I'm putting together now are 32 spoke rear with a six bolt disk rotor adapter from kings and a Campy 32 Chorus front with Bontrager rims. I usually use 14 strait gauge spokes and a three cross pattern. I will admit that the set I am replacing were totaled, but they were wiped out by a car.(so was I B.T.W.)

I really like the King's adapter, it puts the stress on the hub and avoids clamping on to the spokes altogether. I also have been known to wrap and solder the rear wheel at least.(I guess zip ties do the job but, there not as "old school")

Mike Frye

jliveit

Sep 10, 2012
California
Well taking into account both wheels are laced by the same retailer you would say the alloy rim with 12g SS spokes is stronger? What about the sprocket adapter made by pirate cycles, it seems to be the best out there?

goog

Sep 16, 2012
Ct.
Yes the s.s.spokes,just my opinion.Did you see Chainmakers post in Swap and Shop?Wow! That hub adapter is well made,got one and another for down the road.