Cylinder Base and Piston Broke

GoldenMotor.com

creyente7

Sep 27, 2011
San Diego
Hey guys so i was messing with my engine and i basically broke the cylinder wall where theres like 2 skirt sticking out, when the piston is in the bottom it wont go up anymore cuz my guess is that its stuck. I also snapped both my piston rings so basically i need a new cylinder kit that includes a new piston and rings. I dont know what website to buy from thats why im here to ask for everyones opinion. Also are the ones that you buy from popular websites already been slightly modified like polished ports and stuff like that? i bought my kit from ebay so its just a china motor kit. its a 80/66cc kit. anyways thanks everyone!

Last edited:

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
All parts are not the same, you need to buy parts that are for your engine. I have a grubee engine and it is diff. than my friends bgf, the cylinder is not the same. If its a e-bay kit I would try there first.

creyente7

Sep 27, 2011
San Diego
yea im sure u could put different cylinders on other engines u just gotta have the right size. my question is. what measurement am i suppose to look for so that i can find a compatible cylinder and piston for my engine. and are the measurements suppose
to be written somewhere?

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
If your engine does not have a i.d. plate or sticker you may have to buy the parts from the e-bay seller, from what I have learned from some members here is that there are over twenty five engine plants in china. All may be 66cc but with diff. piston pin locations or ports that may not align with your case.

timboellner

Apr 1, 2009
Towson Maryland
If you are really asking for opinions, my opinion is stop fooling around inside the engine if you don't know what you're doing.

But that's just my opinion.

creyente7

Sep 27, 2011
San Diego
ook lesson learned so now that we got that settled. do you have any other opinion to get my engine running again? this has been basically the only transportation ive had so without it makes everything so much slower. Thanks :)