Rear Sprocket Mount

GoldenMotor.com

themotorbike

May 16, 2011
Rockland
hi, ive had my original 2-stroke bikeberry kit on my dad's old mountain bike for about 2 years now and everything is working great still. Although i will need to buy a THIRD rear wheel because the torque rips the spokes apart and a few have snapped already.
I really dont want to be buying a new wheel every year. SOO, i was wondering if anybody knows a good way to mount the rear sprocket to the wheel without use of the spokes. IE; welding or some sort of bearing.
PLZ HELP :-||

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
There are members here with literally thousands of miles on the kit supplied rag joint. Installed and maintained properly there should be no reason that you're having the problems you're describing. You need to start with a true wheel with properly adjusted/tightened spokes. Aside from that, unless the sprocket bolts are loosening you shouldn't be having those problems.
There are a couple of vendors here offering an aluminum sprocket adapter that takes the place of the rag joint and those who use them swear by them.
Check out Pirate Cycles and another member, Sportscarpat, who both offer the adapter that might be the answer to your problem.
Tom